Member of Oulu BioImaging (OBI)
Biocenter Oulu is offering image acquisition and processing services through a dedicated core facility set up. We have state-of-the art equipment for light and electron microscopy and optical projection tomography, located at the Biocenter Oulu laboratories in the Main Building of Medical Campus and in vivo imaging services at laboratory animal centre.
We can offer the following research activities as a service:
- Confocal, light sheet and widefield fluorescence microscopy
- Transmission and scanning electron microscopy and tomography
- Specimen preparation for light and electron microscopy
- Correlative light and electron microscopy
- OPT - optical projection tomography
- IVIS - in vivo fluorescence and luminescence imaging
- Image processing and analysis
In this way it is easy for researchers not familiar with imaging to get acquainted with cell biological analyses and structural analyses of tissues at light and electron microscopic levels.
Responsible scientists for the core facilities:
EM laboratory, Biocenter Oulu laboratories in the Main Building of Medical Campus, Aapistie 5A (room 488B, 4th floor)
Coordinator Ilkka Miinalainen
tel. +358-(0)294 486145, int. 48-6145
tel: +358-(0)294 486144, int. 48-6144
e-mail: firstname.lastname (at) oulu.fi
Biocenter Oulu laboratories in the Main Building of Medical Campus, Aapistie 5A (rooms 419A - 423A, 4th floor)
Coordinator Lauri Eklund, Ph.D.
tel. +358-(0)294 486073
Manager Veli-Pekka Ronkainen, Ph.D.
tel. +358-(0)294 486114
Last updated: 10/5/2017