We offer a highly innovative, international working environment and increasingly challenging research topics deriving from our vision on 6G.
As a Doctoral Student in a research project within the 6Genesis Flagship programme, you will graduate with a competitive Doctoral degree in 3-4 years.
Profile of the ideal candidate
We are looking for students from various backgrounds, however possessing the following experience:
- Master’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, communications engineering or corresponding field
- Open-minded and enthusiastic approach for research
- Excellent English and multi-cultural communication skills
- Solid team work skills
Application and attachments
Submit your application in SAIMA by Wednesday 20 June 2018 at 23:59 Finnish time (EEST UTC/GMT +3h).
In your application form, tell us what you have to offer in the field(s) of reliable near-instant unlimited wireless connectivity; distributed computing and intelligence; radio frequency technologies, integrated circuit and antenna design and/or experimental test network towards 6G.
Provide a selling motivation letter describing especially
- what research challenges you are eager to tackle in relation to 5G and 6G,
- your ambition and personal goals for doctoral studies,
- your prior study and/or research highlights,
- your most valuable characteristics, competences and skills,
- your prior experience in co-creation and innovation, and
- your “soft skills” which qualify you as a fluent communicator and true team player, among others
Please also provide names and details on two references including their current organisation and position, how the person knows you, his/her email and phone number.
Attach the following scanned documents to your application in a single pdf-file:
- diploma certificate(s),
- transcript of records, and
- CV and list of publications
What we offer
Our Doctoral Students will enjoy a competitive salary, fully paid free time equivalent of holiday and benefits such as occupational healthcare. The starting salary for a doctoral student is approx. 2300-2500 EUR and the salary increases gradually according to the progress of studies up to approx. 3300-3500 EUR by the time of graduation. The selected candidates will have full-time, fixed-term positions with an annual working time of 1624 hours. The terms of employment are determined by the Collective Agreement for Finnish Universities. A maximum of six months’ trial period is applied according to the regular practice in Finnish universities.
The exact starting date will be agreed upon separately with the preferred starting date in September or October 2018.
More information: The Association of Finnish Independent Education Employers (AFIEE)
Email: 6Genesis (at) oulu.fi
Last updated: 5.6.2018