Academic Year 2018-2019 Orientation Events
UO will organize on September 3-7, 2018 a general orientation week for all international students in order to help students to settle down at the campus. In addition, the Centre for Wireless Communications (CWC) offers WCE specific orientation event on 6.9.2018, 12:00-15:00 o'clock at room TS101. Your student tutor, called "Kummi" in Finnish, will guide you there.
It is extremely crucial for you to get residence permit, book flights & accommodation to make possible to join UO orientation week programme. Otherwise you will not get good start for your studies. WCE teaching also starts on Monday 3.9.2018.
Academic Year 2017-2018 Orientation Events
WCE Orientation Slides for 7.9.2017 Event
- WCE Orientation 7.9.2017 (Programme)
- WCE_Orientation: CWC Organization (Iinatti, Juntti)
- WCE Orientation: Curriculumn & Schedule & Studies (Kärkkäinen)
- WCE Orientation: WCE-RF Study Option & Research (Pärssinen)
- WCE_Orientation: Finnish Study Culture (Iinatti)
- Electrical Engineering Student Guild (SIK) (Sulanne)
- SIK's International Student Guide (Sulanne)
- WCE-RAN and WCE-RF Study Option Selection Sheet
NOTE: Original B.Sc. degree documentation (diploma & transcript) has to be submitted to Ms. Maritta Juvani for her ispection on TUE 19.9.2017, 13:00-15:00, Room TS114 (1st floor student service office of the ITEE Faculty). You have to show your residence permit and passport. You will aslo get receipt when leaving original documents. You will get documents back after some time.
WCE Orientation Slides for 6.10.2017 & 12.10.2017 & 13.10.2017 Events
- How to create personal study plan (Kärkkäinen)
- Planning of studies, time management and learning (Study psychologist Pia Partanen).pdf
- UO & WCE examination practices (Kokkonen)
- How to create exercise work report (Kokkonen)
WCE Orientation Slides for 19.10.2017 Events
- TEK's presentation dealing with working life & labour unions in Finland (Saara Moisanen, Daniel Valtakari)
- From student to professional: Identifying competences and career planning (Kaisa Karhu)
Last updated: 8.6.2018