We are looking for talented research-oriented persons who are interested in research in the field of Future RF and Wireless Communications. Especially in this call we are looking for persons who are interested in RF electronics and integrated circuits for 5G and beyond wireless systems. Specific research topic of this call is:
mmW and THz integrated circuits design towards 6G combined with knowledge of
- mmW and THz circuit and electromagnetic simulation techniques including integrated circuits design at mmW frequencies and beyond
- RF/mmW electronic circuit fundamentals and prototyping
- RF transceivers for communications
- RF Measurements
Research work will be directly linked with the University of Oulu’s brand new 6G flagship programme 6Genesis developing fundamental 6G competences and intelligent digital applications needed for smart societies.
As a Doctoral Student you will carry out research work within a research team, publish research results in the most esteemed international fora, attend doctoral courses and complete your doctoral thesis within four years. Please also read the detailed requirements for entering the University of Oulu Graduate School for which all doctoral student candidates must apply: http://www.oulu.fi/uniogs/node/2662
To successfully occupy the position of a Doctoral Student, you must possess an applicable Master of Science degree (or other applicable Master's degree) completed with very good / excellent grades.
In addition, we appreciate
- strong fundamental knowledge on RF technologies and electronics including RF/mmW transceivers , semiconductor technologies and radio frequency integrated circuits (RFIC) and components up to mmW region
- capability to write scientific publications based on the results achieved during doctoral studies
- readiness for demanding challenges
- high motivation and work efficiency
- co-operational and team working skills
Our Doctoral Students will enjoy a competitive salary, fully paid free time equivalent of holiday and benefits such as occupational healthcare. The starting salary for a doctoral student is approx. 2300-2500 EUR and the salary increases gradually according to the progress of studies up to approx. 3300-3500 EUR by the time of graduation. The position will be for four years in which time the candidate is expected to finish his doctoral degree.
Application, including attachments, must be submitted using the electronic application system SAIMA by 5 August 2018 at 23:59 Finnish time (EEST UTC/GMT +3h).
In your written application, please provide clearly the following information:
- research interests and expertise areas
- computer skills (including level)
- motivation for doctoral studies
- language skills
- your availability (time frame)
- contact details of three (3) referees
Add the following appendices to your application:
- List of publications
- (Scanned) copy of your degree certificate
- Official English translation of your Master's degree
Potential candidates will be interviewed for open positions in August 2018. The expected starting time for the research work is in the third quarter of 2018. The applications will not be returned.
Last updated: 4.7.2018