The Intercultural Teacher Education (ITE) programme responds to the challenges posed by multiculturalism and globalisation to the teaching profession. ITE offers a professional teaching qualification, but contains some distinctive features.
- consideration of teaching in a heterogeneous classroom
- courses on the background and shape of education abroad
- studies of global matters and international relations
- guest lecturers from other countries
- a period of study abroad
- teaching practices abroad and in international schools
- internships in government and non-government organisations
- global education studies (peace and conflict research, equity and human rights, environment)
- study of overseas development policy
The versatile contents of the programme offer good opportunities for future employment with a variety of teaching and education related duties. The education provides competences to work in educational tasks both in Finland and abroad. The main language of instruction is English.
The Faculty of Education's admission guide can be found here (Pages 13-17 onwards in English).
Last updated: 16.2.2015