For the Bachelor's degree, a Bachelor's thesis shall be written on the field of the major subject.
Coordinator for the Bachelor's thesis groups is Sari Harmoinen.
For the Master's degree, a Master's thesis shall be written by the student. The Master's thesis can be a joint work by two or more students, provided that each student's autonomous share of the thesis can be identified and assessed. The purpose of the thesis is to show that the student has familiarised her/himself with the range of topics represented by the thesis, that s/he has a capacity for scientific thinking and that s/he has a mastery of research methods.
- Assessment criteria for Master's theses
- Statement on Master's thesis (form to be filled in by teacher)
- Instructions for converting your thesis into a single PDF/A file as required by the LATURI instructions
- Electronic system for submitting Master’s theses for final assessment
- Uploading authorisation Laturi database/ Teacher's form
- NEW! Writing the Master's Thesis as a Scientific Article
Coordinator for the Masterś thesis groups is Hannu Heikkinen.
For Bachelor's Thesis and Master's Thesis
- Using Word 2010 to format theses and essays
- Thesis cover page
- Thesis abstract
- How to Fill In the Thesis Abstract Form
- Approval of theses and maturity tests
Students preparing for either a Bachelor's or Master's degree shall pass a maturity test. The purpose of the test is to show that the student masters both her or his field of research and proper language usage. The maturity test is taken on a general examination day (or can be agreed with the thesis supervisor). A student may register for the maturity test in WebOodi after the thesis supervisor has issued a permission to publish the thesis.
Code for registering for the maturity test is 407047A (Bachelor's Thesis).
The Education Committee made the decision on October 25, 2012 that no separate maturity test is taken any longer in connection with the Master’s thesis, as the test is replaced by the thesis abstract. However, if you did not do the maturity test in connection with your Bachelor’s thesis, you do need to do it in connection with the Master’s thesis (especially students of Master's Programme in Education in Globalisation and Master's Programme in Learning, Education and Technolgy).
Last updated: 10/5/2017