Postgraduate education at the University of Oulu
Postgraduate education at the University of Oulu is carried out in several ways and in several units:
- in institutes, departments, laboratories, and clinics of the faculties
- in research groups
- in doctoral programs, which are coordinated or which the University of Oulu takes part in
The task of the doctoral programs is to teach and guide the postgraduate students of the doctoral programs. Doctoral programs either are networking within one discipline, or they are educational organizations which combine several disciplines.
- Graduate schools and doctoral programs at the University of Oulu. After August 2011, there will be one single unified graduate school in the University.
If you are interested in obtaining a doctoral degree, please contact a professor.
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Humanities
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Economics and Business Administration
- Faculty of Technology
Would you like to be a researcher, would you like to be a PhD?
Here are some helping questions and answers:
- The purpose of postgraduate education and doctoral degree
- Becoming a postgraduate student - why and how?
- Why it is worthwhile to do postgraduate studies
- How to arrange financial issues during the postgraduate studies?
- The contents of postgraduate studies
- Enrolment in the university
- To complete a doctoral degree