- Full Academic Year (Sept-May) and First Semester (Sept-Dec): May 31, except Clinical Medicine and Architecture: April 30
- Second Semester, all departments (Jan-May): October 15
How to apply
University of Oulu is accepting incoming exchange applications only through our on-line application database SoleMove.
We must first receive an official nomination from your home university. Once that has been received we will send you application instructions and login to SoleMOVE through e-mail.
Contact your own department or International Relations of your home university and find out whether your department/ university has an exchange agreement with the University of Oulu.
If your department/university has an exchange agreement with the University of Oulu, your home university exchange coordinator must send a nomination of your exchange to the University of Oulu. More information is given by contacting us at international.office(a)oulu.fi. Partner universities have also been informed of the procedure.
- If your department or university does not have an exchange agreement with the University of Oulu, you can apply as a free mover student. Please ask your home university’s exchange coordinator to contact us at international.office(a)oulu.fi in order to receive nomination requirements.
N.B. Remember to make sure that your home university acknowledges your studies at the University of Oulu i.e. that you will get your credits transferred.
Once the University of Oulu has received your exchange nomination you will receive an e-mail instructing how to leave your application on-line to SoleMOVE
Apart from filling in our personal details, you must also attach certain enclosures to your SoleMOVE application. Those are:
- Learning agreement (mandatory, form to be used can be found here)
- Photo (mandatory)
- Transcript of Records (mandatory)
- Certificate of English Language Competence (from students whose native language is not English, certificate must indicate that student's English skills enable him/her to study in that language, certificate can be provided by your home university's English professor/lecturer, no TOEFL/IELTS needed from exchange students)
- Architecture applicants: mandatory Motivation Letter and Portfolio
Motivation letter to be uploaded to SoleMOVE, Portfolio available either on-line (indicate location in your application) or send one via mail to:
Leena Kuorelahti, Coordinator of International Programs
University of Oulu, Department of Architecture
P.O.Box 4100, FIN-90014 Oulu, Finland.
Printed portfolios are preferred, but also digital portfolios in pdf - format printed on a CD or a DVD are accepted).
Please refer to Studying page for information on courses.
Each department in the University of Oulu also has an international coordinator, their information can be viewed here. Please contact them if you have course related questions.
Housing in Oulu is mainly arranged through the local student housing foundation PSOAS. We strongly recommend you leave your housing application at the same time as your exchange application as housing is limited. You do not need to wait for the official acceptance to leave the housing application.