Who are you?
I am Atiqul Haq Mazumber, MSC-COFUND, I4FUTURE DOCTORAL Student of the Faculty of Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine (FBMM), University of Oulu, Finland.
Where you come from?
I am come from Bangladesh.
What you have done before coming to Oulu?
My present status and background before coming to Oulu are as follow:
- At present I have been serving as an Assistant Professor (adult psychiatry) in the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), Bangladesh since 2013.
- I have been serving as an Assistant Professor (adult psychiatry) in the National Institute of Mental Health, Bangladesh from 2011 to 2013.
- in a few months I am going to be an Associate Professor (adult psychiatry) in the National Institute of Mental Health, Bangladesh.
- I have completed 2011 my M.D. (doctor of medicine) in psychiatry from Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU), Bangladesh in 2011.
- I have been employed by Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of Bangladesh, since 2003.
- I have graduated in 1999 from Faridpur Medical College, Bangladesh.
- I have been serving as an honorary consultant and advisor of Thikana Psychiatric and Drug Addiction Clinic, Bangladesh.
Why did you decide to come to Oulu?
My doctoral program (MSC-COFUND, I4FUTURE) has received funding from the European Union'S Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme under the Marie Sklodowska-Curie Grant Agreement No 71360, and promotes us for startup entrepreneurship in Finland. I am a startup entrepreneur on the way to establish a business firm, encompassing global food, fitness, eco-tourism, crafts and heritage service and product vendor, and non profitable innovative social services (like, establishing day care centers for the kids voluntarily served by the senior citizens; rescue and palliative care of pets from "putting down" when they are too sick or too old).
What is the name of your research project?
“Imaging of exosomes: their roles in mental health and addiction”
What is the expected main outcome from your research project
- Profiling of exosome derived biomarkers from blood of human subjects to find possible correlations with mental health and addictive behavior.biomarker-labeled exosomes in human body fluid by hyper spectral camera.
- Detecting brain derived exosomes in the human body fluids by PET, MRI.
Exosomes are likely to provide a better understanding of the psychiatric diseases. they also provide novel avenues for developing diagnostics and therapeutics.
What you would like to do after you have got PhD degree?
After I have got PhD degree, i shall achieve any of the following desired positions:
- Post doctoral researcher in a research institute: after completing the programme I can join as a post doctoral researcher in a optimally suited research institute or university home or abroad.
- Faculty in a university: I can also join as a faculty (Professor, Professor Emirates, or Adjunct Professor (Docent) in a optimally suited university or research institute home or abroad.
- Research collaborator
- Software application developer:
As being the innovator, I am involved in the development of a mobile application software funded by Access to Information (A2i), Prime Ministers Office, Bangladesh, in collaboration with Thikana Psychiatric and Drug Addiction Clinic to eliminate drug addiction problem in Bangladesh. I can expand my application through a global platform.
- Public educator:
•I am going to launch an international public education course, scientific mind, in collaboration with, piet nibbelink, the netherlands, and thikana psychiatric and drug addiction clinic, to develop individual interpersonal skill.
•I maintain a YouTube Channel on these issues.
I am already involved in entrepreneurship of Thikana Psychiatric and Drug Addiction Clinic.
What I4 Future program has so far given to you? What has been good? Have you missed something?
- It guides me towards a successful career by nurturing some innovative business ideas.I
- It helps me building my self competence and self confidence.
- It helps me building working relationships with global researchers and investor from different fields.
- It helps me building strong communications with community to serve them with my scientific knowledge and business skills.
- In my opinion, this course is not only a tool to achieve an academic degree but also a playground for me to learn different aspects of life, furnish my future career in a diverse ways.
What kind of the atmosphere /weather in Oulu has been in your opinion?
The weather is really wonderful in my opinion.
On my own words
On my own words
Since 2013 I have been posted as an assistant professor (adult psychiatry) in the , bangladesh and my position as an associate professor (adult psychiatry) is now under process. I have completed my m.d. (doctor of medicine) in psychiatry in 2011 from , Bangladesh. I have been employed by , government of Bangladesh, as a medical doctor since 2003. I graduated in 1999 from , Bangladesh. I am serving as a honorary resident consultant and chief advisor in , Bangladesh from 2008.
Last updated: 26.9.2017