In the self-services which are related to the University's user account, e-Identification is used to secure the identity of the user. The user identifies with bank-id, mobile certificate or certificate card.
Read more: suomi.fi e-Identification
The more exact guide regarding the self-services with bank authentication is the attachment of this page.
The following self-services are available for the staff and the students:
- You can set the password for your user account
- You can check your user account, if you have forgotten it
- You can activate an account which has been locked if your right to study or your employment is valid
If you remember your old password and your account is not locked, you can change it easily without e-identification in the Password service or on workstation maintained by IT Administration Services (ctrl+alt+del).
Link to the self-service: Password
If you have any login issues, you can check the status of your user account. If you cannot solve the problem based on the given information, you can send your account info and a request to Helpdesk on the page.
Link to the self-service: Account info
- You can activate a SMS service which is needed with VPN Service and a strong authentication
- You can set and change a mobile phone number to where a one-time password will be sent. NOTE: Use only mobile numbers of Finnish operators!
To use VPN Service with a strong authentication, a needed one-time password will be sent as SMS to your mobile phone number which has been saved in the system.
Link to the self-service: VPN mobile phone number
- You can link to your staff username the OTP application (Microsoft Authenticator) that has been installed in your mobile device
After the activation, read the needed one-time-password in the OTP application when you use strong authentication in VPN Service.
Link to the self-service: Activate VPN OTP for sa.oulu.fi
Last updated: 17.10.2017