Researcher / staff account
A new staff member's user account will be ready to use the day after the first official working day:
- If you have had a student account or a staff account of the University of Oulu earlier, you can use your former account.
- If your account is new or you do not know or remember the account or the password for it, you can authenticate with a personal Finnish online banking into the self-service: Password. The service will show your valid user account, please write it down, and then set a password for your account. More information: Self-services and authentication.
- If you don't have a Finnish personal identity number and a personal Finnish online banking account, you can't use self-services. In this case, go to pick up your user account and password at IT Helpdesk. Prepare to prove your identity.
Forms of staff user account
- When you log in University's self-study-workstations, staff workstations or information systems, type your account in a base mode: 8 characters in general, lower case
- If the server name is asked in login screen, choose koivu
- If the domain name is asked, choose univ
- When you log in wireless network eduroam, type your staff account in form: account(at)cc.oulu.fi
- When you log in Canon's printing devices, type staff account in form: account(at)univ
- If you use the O365 Service, type your staff account in form: account(at)univ.yo.oulu.fi
- In systems which use Shibboleth login, type your account in a base mode
IT Services and the rules
The Rules of IT Service Use bind and obligate all members of the university community, users of IT services and systems, and all units of the University. By activating or receiving the user account, you accept to observe the rules.
If the person has no contract in the University, the right to use IT services (e.g. UNIV domain, print services, email) must be applied by her/his department. This so called UFO account is temporary and it is subject to a charge. The unit is responsible for the cost of account.
UFO user access application:
An e-form application could be filled in Novell Identity Manager portal by one who has got rights to do it (ask about your department's procedure). If an applicant does not have a Finnish personal identity number, the Human Resources Service has to be contacted and the application form has to be filled by the officer in this case.
UFO account is created only when the superior of the unit responsible for the costs has accepted the application.
Staff email and home directory
Everyone who is having an university user account, can activate Office 365 Education service, which includes among others email services. Email address of the staff and UFO users is in form email@example.com. The mobile printing is possible only from email addresses with oulu.fi-ending.
Staff member's as well as UFO user's home directory is located on server named Koivu. It is a resource for saving files and creating personal web pages too.
After the contract
When the contract in the University ends, the right to use University's information systems (including softwares and workstations) will end too. The email address will also be closed. Accounts are created and closed automatically by the system. You should prepare yourself for the account termination by doing following things - prepare to notify your new personal email address to partners in cooperation, backup important files from the server and save your important email messages (you can send them to new address if needed).
Last updated: 4.1.2018