This page contains information and installation links of those programs which the students can install in their own use and may use during their studentship according to the university licenses. Information about licenses for units and staff could be found in Notio. Read: How to access Notio.
Some of the software that have been listed on this page are chargeable for the student and part of them are free of charge. Usually the licence to use the software ends when the studying ends. The programs are downloaded either from the software distribution service maintained by the IT Administration Services or from a certain webstore. Always read first the information about the software in question.
Software distribution service
The software distribution is a service of the IT Administration Services from where software can be downloaded into own use according to the licence conditions of each software. In the software distribution there also are installation instructions and licencing agreements, they are worthwhile to read carefully before the installing of the software. Use university's user account to log in the software distribution.
IT Admininstration Services sell some software to the students within the licensing agreements in the university's webstore. Furthermore, among others, the programs of Microsoft can be bought or some can be loaded without payment from the Kivuto's webstore. There are own links to the Kivuto's webstore for students and for staff. Log in both the university's webstore and the Kivuto's webstore using your user account of the university. According to the user's role in the university, range of products may vary. Link to the page of these webstores: Webstores.
Some software is bought directly in the supplier's own webstore in which you do not need to log in. In these services you can use a campaign code or an installation code which you case-specifically get from software distribution or buy in the webstore.
Software free of charge for students
- ArcGIS: Geographic information system. Read more: Software distribution
- Autodesk: The students and teachers can use the free software offered by Autodesk, as well as teaching material and discussion forums. The Autodesk products of manufacturing, architecture, building, construction, and media and entertainment industries are free for students and educators. Link: http://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software.
- E-books: E-books in Finnish for students and staff. Read more: Software distribution
- LabVIEW: LabView Student Edition Evaluation for 6 months. Link: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-30610
- Office: Students who have registred O365 Service may install Office applications for free. The same offer applies to the staff. Read more: Office 365 ProPlus
- Origin Pro: Data analysis and graphing. Read more: Software distribution
- Matlab: Interactive program for numerical computation and data visualization. The licence allows students and staff to install the program on a home computer. More information on the Wiki-page, login with university's user account.
- Mendeley: Reference management. Link: https://www.mendeley.com/
- QSR NVivo: Students and staff may install QSR NVivo into their home computers free of charge. Read more: Info page
- SAS: Data analysis. Read more: Software distribution
- Webropol: Online survey and analysis software is available for students, head of units and researchers groups. Ask more: tilastotuki (at) oulu.fi. Read: Info page
- Windows10: Students may download the operating system for their own use from Kivuto's webstore.
- EndNote: Tool for reference management. Buy from: Kivuto's webstore
- F-Secure's SAFE: Students and staff can purchase F-Secure's SAFE products at the lowered price on their own devices from F-Secure webstore. Find more information, discount code, prices and the address of Webstore: Software distribution
- LabVIEW: LabView Student Edition for studens. Buy from: Kivuto's webstore
- IBM SPSS Statistics: Read more: Info page
- More information about computing and modelling software for student's and researcher's use can be found from here.
- Secure connections: Read more: Software distribution
- Information about the software on workstations maintained by the IT Administration services can be found here.
Read more: software distribution, webstores, student account, software on workstations, helpdesk
Last updated: 13.2.2017