From January 1st, 2016, the current four departments of the the Faculty of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering (Communications Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Information Processing Science) will be replaced by eleven research units:
- CWC- Radio Technologies (CWC - RT)
- CWC - Networks and Systems (CWC-NS)
- Circuits and Systems (CAS)
- Microelectronics (MIC)
- Opto-Electronics and Measurement Techniques (OPEM)
- Empirical Software Engineering in Software, Systems and Services (M3S)
- Oulu Advanced Research on Service and Information Systems (OASIS)
- Human Computer Interaction and Human-Centered Development (INTERACT)
- Ubiquitous Computing (UBICOMP)
- Biomimetics and Intelligent Systems (BISG)
- Center for Machine Vision and Signal Analysis (CMVS)
This organizational change will not have any immediate effects on teaching. The degree programmes will be directed by the Faculty and the courses will be provided by the research units.
Webpages are being updated to reflect the new organization.
Last updated: 31.12.2015