International Master's programmes in the field of Engineering and Architecture:
- Architectural Design
- Biomedical Engineering: Signal and Image Processing
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Product Management
- Wireless Communications Engineering
International Master's programmes in the field of Natural Sciences:
Master's programmes consist of a total of 120 ECTS credits and it take two years of full time study.
Eligibility for the International Master's programmes
General information about the admission requirements (e.g. the language requirements) for master's degree applicants is available here.
In addition to the general admission requirements, and any programme specific requirements, applicants for the Field of Engineering have to meet the following admission requirements:
- “very good” or “excellent” grades in Basic studies in Mathematical Sciences (e.g. mathematics, physics/chemistry) and
- the applicant should have an university level Bachelor's degree in Engineering, or equivalent university level degree, suitable for engineering studies, with "very good" or "excellent" grades.
Students who are on their last term/semester of Bachelor's studies can apply to study for a Master's degree. Those who wish to apply during their last semester are asked to state the expected date of graduation on the application form and provide the transcript of records with the other application documents. Applicants with excellent academic records can be offered a conditional study placement. In the case that the applicant is accepted for study, the applicant has to submit officially certified copies of his/her Bachelor’s degree certificate and the final transcript of records according to the following timetable:
- Applicants graduating from Finnish Universities of Applied Sciences - June 12, 2017
- Applicants graduating form abroad or Finnish research university - July 28, 2017
How to apply
The next available application period, for studies starting in Autumn 2017 begins 15th December 2016 and ends 25th January 2017 at 15.00 (GMT+2). More information about the admission process in here.
University of Oulu partners with the University Admissions Finland for their services for the application system and the pre-processing of application documents.
In the field of technology, University of Oulu provides education under four different faculties:
Last updated: 25.10.2016