- are the contact persons of their department
- assist researchers in the use of the Oulun yliopisto tutkii research database
- record the information of international conferences organised by their departments
- follow the submission status of their department by e.g. creating departmental reports
- record possibly the information on foreign visitors
Only international conferences organised by the departments are submitted, and the information is submitted by the departmental users. If two or more departments organise a conference jointly, the department with the main responsibility will submit the information.
According to the instructions of the Finland Convention Bureau, information is gathered on conferences that meet the following criteria:
- A minimum of 10 participants, 20 % of which are foreign
- There are participants from at least 2 countries
- The duration of the conference is at least 4 hours
- The tasks of the University at the conference:
- Chairing the conference or its programme or organisation committee
- Functioning as a secretary for the conference or its programme or organisation committee
- Being a member of the conference or its programme or organisation committee
- Organisation-related work at a conference organised at the University
- International conferences also include any conferences that the department has organised abroad
How to submit a conference?
- Select Add new and Conference.
- Fill in the form with the details of the conference. See More information on the fields in the conference submission form.
- Finaly, click Save basic information. You can verify the information and edit it when necessary by clicking Move to edit page.
International visits include visits by the staff of a foreign university or research institute. The main purpose of the visits must be either teaching or research. The duration of the visits is not limited in this system. The Ministry of Education and Culture only gathers information about teaching and research visits of at least a week (5 working days).
How to submit the information of foreign visitors?
- Select Add new and Visit the main menu. Select the Foreign sub-category from the drop-down menu. This opens a submission form. You get the field-instructions by clicking Show help text, which is above the form.
- Select the main purpose of the visit by ticking either teaching or research or both, when the visit is related in these purposes. Select Graduate education (not KOTA) or Other (not KOTA), when the purpose of visit is only excursion, tour or the like the visit, which has no purpose of teaching or research.
- Fill in the form with the details of the visit. Some of the information is selected from a drop-down menu or by clicking on the magnifying glass icon.
- Fields highlighted in red are mandatory. The system calculates the duration of the visit automatically.
- Finaly, click Save basic information.
- This opens the read-only view for the visit. You can check that the information was saved correctly. You can edit the information again when necessary by clicking on the Move to edit page button.
International teacher and researcher exchange (in Finnish Kansainvälinen opettaja- ja tutkijavierailu OKM:n yliopistojen tiedonkeruukäsikirja 2013. 1.11.2013. p. 46)
- Begin submitting the information by selecting Add new and the type of information to be submitted from the main menu, e.g., Publication and then select the category and subcategory.
- Enter the information on the publication in the fields. Fill in at least the compulsory fields highlighted in red. Change the first internal author of the publication to the first author from the University of Oulu mentioned in the publication. Change the first author's department data if necessary.
- Add the other authors from the University of Oulu from the field Internal experts, if the publication is a joint publication. (More information on adding can be found here.)
- Finally, click Save , after which you can check from the browsing page that the information was saved correctly
- Remember to send the publication or copies of certain pages to the Library for verification. More detailed instructions at: Entering publication information
The reporting functions are located at the bottom of the main menu. Reporting expands into two subcategories: Start and Ready.
Select the report to be created from the Start section. All reports that you have created are saved in the Ready section, where you can view them.
You can select four reports from the Start section:
- Departmental report
- CV report of an expert
- Publication CSV report
- Expert task CSV-report
Departmental reports allow you to monitor the amount of publications and other merits submitted by a unit, as well as their submission status.
Departmental report includes all merits from the categories you have selected (publications, expert tasks, teaching merits, visits, artistic activities, intl. conferences). You can create a report by using the following submission criteria:
- Department and/or subject
- Year or a period of time in years
- One or more categories of scientific activities
- The bibliographical data of the merit and/or a summary of the amount of various merits
Departmental report can include all the merits of a department from a specific year or time period (years). You can select the unit from the drop-down menu. The default selection is that the merits from the laboratories of the department in question are included as well. The report can include merits with their bibliographical data and/or a summary of the amounts of different publications. In addition to this, you can select whether only merits in which the department is the first organisation (i.e., the organisation that the first author is affiliated with) are displayed.
- Finally, click Execute, which begins the compilation of the report. You will receive a notification: Report is being prepared. From there you can move the compilation to the background. You will see a new pop-up window when the report is finished, and you can select whether you want to open it or save it to a specific location.
- You can also view the finished reports from the section Reporting / Ready in the main menu. If the status field of the report stays not started or preparing, click on Ready again, which updates the page. Click on Departmental report, which opens the finished report in a new browser window.
- The report is created in HTML format and will open in a browser window, from which it can be printed on paper or saved for editing. You can edit it with e.g. word processing software, from which it can also be saved in another format (doc, pdf).
CV report of an expert
See instructions at the section CV report of an expert.
Publication CSV-report and expert task CSV-report
Publication CSV-report and expert task CSV-report are reports in CSV format, which it makes possible to edit the data later in Excel or in another spreadsheet program. It is advisable to select Extensive report on the start page of the publication CSV-report, so that the program generates a more detailed report
Last updated: 11.6.2014