The library catalogue Oula covers the collections of all the libraries within the University of Oulu.
- all printed books and most electronic books
- all printed and electronic journals
- Master’s theses (until 2012) and doctoral dissertations of the University of Oulu
The Pegasus Library collections also contain Finnish publications that are not included in the Oula catalogue. When searching for a publication it is advisable to contact a service desk and enquire about the possible availability of publications not found in Oula.
In Oula you’ll find
- basic information about books/journals (title, author, year of publication etc.)
- location of the book/journal in the library
- availability for loan and loan period
- current availability – is the book/journal on the shelf or on loan.
In Oula you can
- search by title, author or subject
- place requests on books currently on loan or cancel requests pending; see the video guide
- renew your own loans; see the video guide
- save searches and references to your own account (My Searches, My List)
- request books from the National Repository Library, which is located in Kuopio, and from polytechnic libraries in Oulu and Kajaani (Universal Borrowing).
This short video tutorial shows you how to search for and loan a book:
Last updated: 5/10/2015