The Luminous RC has excellent networks and contacts to virtually all major players in the circumpolar area, which gives a special impact of research also in a national and international political framework. Senior scientists of the RC are members in key networks such as:
- The University of the Arctic
- Barents Cross-Border University, international joint master’s programmes, research and PhD training
- European Network on Conflict, Gender and Violence
- UNESCO network and chair in Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment
- Research network on Christian Missions, transnationalism and human rights
- The North-South Networks including also universities form Africa and South-America
- SPICA NordPlus network: Intercultural understanding, citizenship and sustainable development
- European consortia in Artemis/Arrowhead and ITEA2/SENNET –projects
- European Network of Living Labs, Member of ENoLL Living Lab network
We have long history of research collaboration and plans for a joint PhD programme in circumpolar health and well-being with the Universities of Alberta, Akureyri, Umeå and Tromsø as well as the National Health Service in Nuuk, Greenland.
Within the University of Oulu, we collaborate with several other Research Communities such as NEBES; IEM; HEAT; NRNE, SusBen and ProChemE.
Last updated: 16.10.2013