Nano and Molecular Systems Research Unit
Science and Education
The focus of the interdisciplinary research in the NANOMO unit is on molecular level nanomaterials research, novel applications of spectroscopic and imaging techniques and in physics didactics research. The research is carried out as a teamwork with wide national and international collaboration with other research groups working on the field. Majority of experimental work is carried out in Lund, Sweden at the MAX IV-laboratory (former MAX-laboratory).
The research is continously supported by the European Union ERC and Horizon2020 programs, Academy of Finland, China Scholarship council and foundations and funds. In addition, researchers in the group receive grants from various domestic and international funds.
NANOMO unit structure
- ATMOS - group: Synchrotron radiation (SR) based atmospheric research (Assoc. Prof. N. Prisle, tenure)
- SR - methods and applications (Prof. M. Huttula), including:
AMO: Atomic and molecular physics research (Doc. K. Jänkälä)
Functional materials (Doc. W. Cao)
Clusters, SR spectroscopy (PhD. M. Patanen)
- Theoretical physics (Prof. M. Alatalo)
- Biomedical research (Doc. K. Heimonen)
- Physics didactics (Doc. S. Huttula)