Martti Ahtisaari Institute of Global Business and Economics at Oulu Business School focuses on challenges of sustainable and responsible businesses, as well as functioning of the global markets and economy as a whole. The goal of the institute´s research activities is to produce new scientific knowledge and foster innovations in these focus areas.
The institute provides funds in its target area for selected research groups. Each group will get partial funding for its activities for a three-year period of time. For three-year period 2016-2018, five research groups were chosen:
- Energy Economics (Rauli Svento)
- Futuralis - Future Digital Business (Petri Ahokangas)
- Innovation Appropriability and Appropriation (Pia Hurmelinna-Laukkanen)
- SHARP - Sensing and Shaping Service Business Relationships (Pauliina Ulkuniemi)
- Sustainable Corporate Governance (Juha-Pekka Kallunki)
The institute also supports doctoral research in business and economic sciences, through Martti Ahtisaari International Doctoral Scholarship Programme, for which several researchers are selected annually.
You can find more detailed descriptions on Martti Ahtisaari Institute's home page.
Last updated: 22/11/2016