12 members are elected to the Faculty Board for a four-year term at a time. There are three professors, three other members of staff, three students and three memebers outside the university. The current term is from 1 January 2014 to 31 December 2017. The term of the student members is two years from 2014 to 2015. The Dean is the chairman of the council and Vice-Dean acts as a vice-chair. The term of the Dean and the Vice-Dean is the same as that of the Faculty Board. The decisions in the Faculty Board meetings are through a motion process and the Chief Administrator of the Faculty acts as a presenter.
The role of the Faculty Board is to:
- to approve the strategic programme of measures of the faculty and determine the required resources that are in accordance with the University Strategy;
- to monitor and, where necessary, guide the implementation of the programme of measures;
- to determine the general principles for the action and financial plan of the faculty; and
- to approve the action and financial plan as well as the personnel plan of the faculty, which will be confirmed by the University rector on the part of the professorships;
- to monitor the operations and finances of the faculty; and
- to monitor and guide communication of faculty affairs to personnel and students.
Last updated: 27.6.2014