Data Licence Agreement
- SGO grants to the user a non-exclusive licence to retrieve and use data sets and products from the SGO Data Service in accordance with this licence.
- When the data shall be redistributed, the licensee has to ensure the acceptance of the license agreement by third parties.
- Retrieval, by electronic download, and the use of data sets is free of charge for academic research purposes, unless otherwise stipulated. The use or reproduction of data for commercial purpose requires prior written permission from SGO, and it is generally not free of charge.
- Regardless of whether the data are quality controlled or not, SGO and the data source do not accept any liability for the correctness and/or appropriate interpretation of the data. Interpretation should follow scientific rules and is always the user's responsibility. Correct and appropriate data interpretation is solely the responsibility of data users.
- Typically SGO requires co-authorship if SGO data are to be published in any media. In this case, the user must contact SGO and/or the Observer in Charge and agree on the details of the publication. The Observer in Charge will review the correct and appropriate use of SGO data in the manuscript.
- If new products are derived from SGO data sets, the same rules apply as stated in the previous paragraph.
- Copies of final reports and papers must sent to the SGO Observer in Charge so that the bibliography of the use of the SGO data can be kept up to date.
- The information on SGO service are in the public domain, unless specifically annotated otherwise, and may be used freely by the public. Before using information obtained from this service special attention should be given to the date and time of the data and products being displayed. This information shall not be modified in content and then presented as official material. Users are requested to inform SGO of any problems encountered with the data themselves or the data provision. Such feedback will increase the availability and quality of the data.
Last updated: 26/10/2016