ADMA-DP KAVA-project (EIT RawMaterials)
The purpose of the EIT RM Advanced Material Doctoral Program, ADMA-DP KAVA-project is
- to increase innovation and entrepreneurship mindset for PhD-students studying in Raw materials-related (minerals, metals) doctoral programs
- to promote internationalisation of doctoral students´ career development
- to enhance practical level networking and collaboration between Academy and Industry
The vision is to create better prerequisites for transforming research ideas into the business, and contributing to resource and cost-efficient industry. With the acquired network and business skills doctoral students can easily work in industry among product commercialization and research or establish their own companies.
The targets of the project are advanced by developing and using following tools:
1. Organisation of Entrepreneurship and Innovation orientated courses (see further information below)
- First Intensive Training School, University of Oulu, Finland, 14-27.8.2017
- Second Intensive Training School, Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia, May 2018
2. Internationalization of doctoral student career development by admitting financial support for
- participation in seminars, courses, conferences related to Raw Materials theme (minerals and metals) arranged by partners or other organisations
- visits to partner organisations, other research institutes, companies
- shared supervision of doctoral theses
3. Networking researchers between Academy and Industry, cross-sectorial education
- cross-sectorial education is supported by organizing short term training periods (1 month) from Academy to Industry and other organisations
- usage of the infrastructure located in partner organisations
The project is funded by EIT RawMaterials consortium, and established by eight international partners that are representing 5 countries and 3 EIT RawMaterials Co-Location Centers (see information below).
The project was launched in January 2016 and it will last until December 2018.
Well-managed products are essential success factor for various sized companies, from SMEs to large industrial consortiums. Often they are not properly managed or acknowledged, although they are the instruments that bring income for enterprises.
ADMA-DP KAVA-project organises two Intensive Training Schools where different life cycle phases of products and their management are issued, from product development to termination and recycling.
The main idea is to provide holistic understanding, knowledge and skills for product management, and hence promote the rise of entrepreneurship mindset for students. In addition to achieving study credits, the courses offer great chances to strengthen career opportunities in industry and research.
You are warmly welcome to participate!
FIRST INTENSIVE TRAINING SCHOOL
Place: Pentti Kaiterankatu 1, Linnanmaan campus, University of Oulu 90014, Finland
Lecture hall: L2
Target group: Doctoral students, company and municipality representatives as well as other interested parties are also warmly welcome to attend!
Courses given: New Product Development (5 ECTS) and Productisation (5 ECTS). The courses include preliminary exercise, lectures and assignment that is completed after courses.
Teachers: Dr Arto Tolonen, Dr Jukka Majava and Professor Harri Haapasalo from the Industrial Engineering and Management Research Unit, University of Oulu. The combination of their strong industrial background and the latest research knowledge provide a holistic view on the course topics.
Registration: Please, register to the First Intensive training school (Oulu) here as limited number of places are available. The deadline for registration is continued until 9th of August, 2017.
Fees: No registration fee is required. Project offers coffee breaks, other costs (hotel, travel etc.) are covered by participant´s own funding.
Additional information: Professor Harri Haapasalo email@example.com (teaching), Anu Sirviö firstname.lastname@example.org (course arrangements)
Programme, accommodation and other practical level information: click here
SECOND INTENSIVE TRAINING SCHOOL
Place: Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia.
Time: 2 weeks in May 2018
Courses: Product Management, Product portfolio management (at least 5 ECTS)
Teachers: Dr Arto Tolonen, Dr Jukka Majava and Professor Harri Haapasalo from the Industrial Engineering and Management Research Unit, University of Oulu.
Further information: will be published in fall 2017, inquiries can be sent to email@example.com
University of Oulu, Finland (Coordinator)
ADMA-DP KAVA Responsible Director: Professor Riitta Keiski, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone +358 294 482 348
ADMA-DP KAVA Coordinator, Anu Sirviö, email@example.com, phone +358 50 327 0920
Aalto University, Finland
Contact person: Annukka Santasalo-Aarnio, firstname.lastname@example.org
Geological Research Institute (GTK), Finland
Contact persons: Nana Sulander, email@example.com
DIMECC Oy, Finland
Contact person: Essi Huttu, firstname.lastname@example.org
Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Sweden
Contact person: Alicia Gauffin, email@example.com
Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia
Contact person: Veiko Karu, firstname.lastname@example.org
Delft University of Technology, Belgium
Contact person: Victor Scholten, V.E.Scholten@tudelft.nl
University of Padova, Italy
Contact person: Ricerca Dii, email@example.com