Tellus Innovation Arena is open Mon-Fri 7-21 and Sat 8-18. For those with campus access card, our spaces are available 24/7 starting from September 1, 2017. Read more about 24/7 campus and ordering a campus access card here.
Service point opening hours: Mon-Fri 9-16. Please note that the staff members might not be present outside of the office hours unless the personal appointment with a certain staff member is made.
Occasional late evening and overnight events are possible. Send a special request along with an event description to tellus[at]oulu.fi.
All Tellus spaces can be used freely unless they are reserved for meetings or events. If you want to order catering for your event or workshop, you can order it from example Juvenes, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that serving alcohol beverages in Tellus premises is not aloud. If you want to serve alcohol, you need to order the catering from Juvenes as they have the permission to serve alcohol beverages in the university premises.
Meeting rooms and spaces can be booked beforehand through:
- (for University staff only!) Outlook Calendar (check more detailed instructions below);
- (for everyone else) Tellus staff via e-mail tellus[at]oulu.fi or by visiting us in person during the office hours (9-16 during the weekdays).
Please check the availability of the spaces using the links at the bottom of this page before sending a booking request to us! It will save time for both of us, you and our staff. :)
In October 2017 Tellus space reservations have been transferred to cloud, meaning that for university staff to make reservations, they need to activate O365 service and accept the terms. See more info and link to accepting O365 terms in Notio. If you don't do this, you might find troubles with making reservations to our spaces via Outlook. If after accepting the terms you still have problems with making the reservations, please contact our staff tellus (at) oulu.fi.
The booking request should have the following information in the following order:
- Contact person's name (if you're booking via email)
- Public or Private (is your event or meeting public (i.e. open for everyone) or private)
- Event name
- Number of people atteding (if you don't know the exact amount, write how many people do you expect)
In addition to that, please include a short description of your event. Please note that we might use this information on Tellus web page and social media channels. In case you don't want us to use it, please include this data to your booking request.
The person who makes the booking is responsible for the space and the equipment, plus for reorganizing the space back into its original state afterwards.
If you want to get to know the spaces and the equipment before booking a space for your event, please book a appointment through the Tellus Staff. If you would like to organize a bigger event, workshop or exhibition, please contact Tellus staff via e-mail tellus[at]oulu.fi or come to talk to us in person.
We are happy to assist you in co-organizing an event, workshop or exhibition of your own preference and expertise! Ask for meeting and event organizer guidelines and make first contact with us via email tellus[at]oulu.fi or come see us in Tellus during the office hours (Mon-Fri from 8 to 16).
Check the availability of the rooms and spaces using the links below. The links will take you directly to the calendars and display whether the certain space or room is busy or not:
More information regarding the Tellus spaces (capacity, available technology, etc) can be found here.
Reservation through Outlook (only University staff)
1. Open Outlook
2. Select "New Meeting"
3. Add people you're inviting (or only yourself), Subject of the meeting/reservation, Start date and time and End date and time
4. Write in the additional info box:a. Public or Private (is your event or meeting public (i.e. open for everyone) or private) b. Event detail (please write a brief description of the event so that we can add the event in our calendar) c. The number of people attending (if you don't know the exact amount, write how many people do you expect). In addition to that, please include a short description of your event. Please note that we might use this information on Tellus web page and social media channels. In case you don't want us to use it, please include this data to your booking request. The person who makes the booking is responsible for the space and the equipment, plus for reorganizing the space back into its original state afterwards.
5. Select from right "Show a room list" and select "Tellus RoomList". At this point you are able to see which spaces are available at the time you have selected.
6. Choose space from the list and press send. This will send the approval request to the Tellus staff. Please note that we have to first accept your reservation so it's not necessarily automatically been approved.
Last updated: 9.11.2017