Summer School 2016 of Exactus DP and Aurora DP
University of Oulu, LInnanmaa Campus, Oulu, Finland
August 15 - 20, 2016
Estimated workload up to 3 ECTS
Course assignments: Please mail your assignments latest at Septemebr 2, 2016 to Pertti Rautiainen (email@example.com)
The course provides the essential principles of data mining, databases and modelling. The course covers the following topics:
- Basic concepts of data mining, big data, and open data
- Tools for data mining, data exchange between databases and software
- Modelling with R and MatLab, comparison of the methods
- Case studies from different fields
Teaching methods include theoretical lectures, hands-on exercises (using MatLab, R, statistical tests), own study and final assignment.
The course language is English
Doctoral students from different fields (preference for Exactus DP and Aurora DP students)
- ReSoLVE: Lauri Holappa
- Biomimetics and Intelligent Systems Group (BISG): Heli Koskimäki, Satu Tamminen, Lauri Tuovinen
- Visiting lecturers
The participants are advised to use their own laptops during the course, if ossible. MInimum requirements include basic knowledge on statistics and use of MatLab and/or R.
Costs and registration
The course is free of charge, number of participants is limited to 25 persons. Priority is given to doctoral students of Exactus DP and Auroroa DP.
Registration for the course is closed. The course is full.
Participants will receive a certificate by request
- Exactus DP - Doctoral Programme in Exact Sciences (Exactus-DP)
- Aurora DP - Doctoral Programme in Environment, Society and Technology in the North
Last updated: 17.8.2016