COORDINATION AND NETWORKING ACTIVITIES
Thule Institute is an active partner in several pan-Arctic networks and EU-projects, including EU Arctic cluster projects. Examples of these activities can be found below.
- EU PolarNet - Finnish representative in the large European consortium of expertise and infrastructure of polar research
- Arctic Health - UArctic Thematic network in research and education on health and well-being issues
- European Polar Board - chair of the EPB
- SAON Committee on Observations and Networks -co-chairing of the SAON CON
- Group on Earth Observations (GEO) Cold Regions Initiative (GEOCRI) -co-leading the GEOCRI
- International Union of Circumpolar Health IUCH -member of the IUCH Board
- Arctic Council and its working groups Arctic Monitoring and Assessment Programme AMAP
and Sustainable Development Working Group SDWG - co-chairing the Arctic Human Health Expert Group
- International Arctic Science Committee IASC -member of Social & Human Working Group
PARTNERING IN NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL NETWORKS AND ORGANISATIONS
Thule Institute takes part in national and international research strategy work, aimed at focusing research into areas that are important and topical from the point of view of society. Examples of those can be found from below.
Last updated: 11.1.2018