Here you can find Graduate School's forms and instructions.
Important Technical note:
In all cases, it is recommended that you download the form and save it to your computer’s hard-drive before starting to fill it in (Right-click on the link and “Save as…”).
The latest version of Adobe Reader, version 9 or higher, is required to fill in and save our completed, or partially completed, PDF forms. This will allow you to complete and modify the forms in several sessions. This is not possible with earlier versions of Adobe (Acrobat) Reader.
You may need to restart your computer after installing/updating the programme.
Even when Adobe Reader is correctly installed, the system may still try (unsuccessfully) to use the inbuilt “pdf viewer” application to open pdf files (this happens by default with Apple computers). If this is the case, open the Adobe Reader programme and then open the form using the “Open” command in the file menu.
Please follow carefully the instructions for submitting the form provided on the form itself.
Do NOT use the “Submit form” button located at the top right of the Window.
European recommendations and principles for the Doctoral Training:
- General principles and requirements of researchers/employers/funders of researchers and Ethical guidelines
- Seven Principles for Innovative Doctoral Training
For applying doctoral study rights:
- All applications for the next call (deadline on 31 August) will be carried out online using the new national admissions system “Opintopolku”. New applications submitted using the old pdf forms will not be considered. Further details and instructions on how to access the online application system will be provided on our web pages at the end of May 2017.
- Commitment form - Commitment of the Principal Supervisor and the Unit
- Suostumuskaavake - pääohjaajan ja yksikön sitoumus
- Procedure for compensating low MSc grades
- Nominating a follow-up group -form and instructions
- Follow-up group meetings and reporting -form and instructions
Doctoral Training Plan:
- Doctoral Training Plan Instructions
Doctoral Training Plan consists of separate parts as specified in the instructions.
- Quick guide to the creation of webOodi-PSP
Approving field specific ECTS credits into a doctoral degree:
- Application form for approving field specific ECTS credits
For travel grants:
Nominating new supervisor:
- Form for proposal of new supervisor
With this form, change or addition of new supervisor can be proposed.
Instructions and forms for the end-process:
NEW: The Final Stages of the Doctoral Degree Process (pdf file).
- Acta Universitatis Ouluensis - publishing instructions
- Application for Permission to Defend a Doctoral Thesis (part A) (the applicant and the thesis manuscript)
- Application for Permission to Defend a Doctoral Thesis (part B) (proposal for the nomination of pre-examiners)
- Application for Permission to Defend a Doctoral Thesis (part C) (proposal for the nomination of opponent(s) and custos
- Pre-examiner' assessment form (in Finnish/in English)
- Opponent's assessment form (in Finnish/in English)
- Guidelines for thesis pre-examiners and opponents
- Ohjeet esitarkastajille ja vastaväittäjille
- Custos's statement of extra opponents in defence
- Opiskelijan kuuleminen - Right to response
- The doctoral defence ceremony and Karonkka (evening party)
- Information to the public: instructions by the Communications Office
Sharing costs between faculties and units
- Internal agreement for sharing doctoral degree points and related funds between Faculties and Units.
NOTE: This template agreement (optimized for Microsoft Word) is for use only by Research Unit Directors and/or Deans of the Faculties of the University of Oulu, or by persons specifically designated by them (available only in English).
Last updated: 20.11.2017