The University of Oulu Graduate School (UniOGS) will allocatefunding to the Technology and Natural Sciences Doctoral Programme to be used during the year 2018 for the development of doctoral training activities within the following Doctoral Degree Programmes: Architecture, Biology, Chemistry, Geography, Geosciences, mining engineering & mineral processing, Industrial engineering and management, Mathematical sciences, Mechanical engineering, Physics and astronomy, Process and environmental engineering.
The development of doctoral training activities may comprise e.g. field-specific courses, joint or methodological courses suitable for several fields of science / study, courses arranged in national or international cooperation, Research plan and seminar –courses suitable for several fields of science / study.
Submission deadlines for 2018
Deadlines for submission for 2018 are January 15, March 13, May 15, August 14, and October 10. The descions will be made in the following doctoral training committee meeting after each deadline. The persons responsible for the proposals will be informed of the decisions within four weeks after each deadline.
Each proposal should include the following two items:
A. Short description of the training activity proposal (total length: 1-2 pages):
- The name(s) of the contact person responsible for the proposal and the related Doctoral Degree Programme
- Title, code, planned time and place of the course and the applied amount for the activity
- The fields covered by the course. If relevant, describe also cross-disciplinary or other actions included in the course (within Technology and Natural Sciences Doctoral Programme and/or with other Doctoral Programmes or with other institution(s).
- A description of the need for the course in the context of the training offered by the Doctoral Degree Programme(s), and the need for, and added value provided by, the participation of the other partner(s) (if applicable);
- A description of the course, including:
- The goals of the course;
- The type of course, the learning activities undertaken by the students, and the methods to be employed for its delivery;
- The teachers and the contents of the course, including details of the different contributions to be made by each of the partner institutions (if applicable)
- Priority ranking, if more than one course/activity is applied by the applicant.
B. Filled web-form with detailed information about the course
- E.g. contact information, participating units, course details, budget and other information);
- Link to web-form here
Guidelines for acceptable costs
- The funding may be used to cover the costs directly related to the running of the course (for example, consumables for practical courses, hourly rental costs for seminar rooms, lecture halls, laboratories and video streaming, etc.).
- The budget may also take include possible mobility costs for attending the course, both for the students and for the course teachers, if the course is arranged together with national or international partner institution outside.
- Mobility costs may include only the travel and accommodation costs and honoraria for external and foreign teachers invited to Oulu.
- Other mobility costs include only the travel and accommodation costs of teachers from University of Oulu to teach in a national course elsewhere in Finland or abroad, and the travel and accommodation costs of doctoral students from Oulu attending a national course elsewhere in Finland or abroad.
- Funds may not be used for the purchase of any equipment or infrastructure.
Some guidelines for budgeting:
- Travelling costs: Finland 500 €; Europe 1000 €; outside of Europe 1500 €
- Accommodation / day / person; max: Staff 100 €, Students 70 (if applicable) accommodation(Finland)
- Lecture fees: (invited lecturers): Professors max137 €, other lecturers max 92 €
- Staff (if applicable): 100 eur accommodation;.
The responsible person of the proposed course should submit the application by e-mail to the coordinator Riitta Kamula, email@example.com, including the short course proposal (items 1-6) and the filled web-form.
For further information concerning the call, please contact:
- Coordinator, Riitta Kamula (firstname.lastname (at) oulu.fi)
- TNS-DTC Chair Aulikki Herneoja (firstname.lastname (at) oulu.fi)
Last updated: 2.3.2018