Study Plan/Learning Agreement
• Get to know the courses offered by universities you are applying to.
• Show your study plan (Learning Agreement) to your Departmental Coordinator at the University of Oulu and have it approved and signed (1 study point (opintopiste) in the University of Oulu is equal 1 ECTS point (for students going to Europe)
• University of Oulu recommends that students study 30 credits per semester/55 credits per academic year during the exchange period. The host university may also have requirements concerning the courses and/or the amount of credits per semester. You need to comply with them.
• Check the course information in case of changes and inform your coordinator.
Paperwork at the University of Oulu
• After you have received the Acceptance Letter from your Host University apply for a grant in the SoleGRANT system. see more information at Grants
• It is compulsory to register yourself as present in the university, registering to the student union is optional (except for students who are going through ISEP or to UNCG or Washington College).
• Erasmus students need to do a compulsory OLS language test before and after exchange. See more information at Language Tests and Certificates.
• Attend Orientation for Outgoing Students (Erasmus/Destinations Outside Europe)
• Apply for a residence permit, from Finland or from your home country well in advance.
• Get the European Health Insurance Card form KELA if you are eligible for it.
• If you are on regular medication, take some medicine with you, as well as check its availability in the host country. Check if you need vaccinations.
• Take an insurance that covers the whole duration of your exchange.
• Insurance of the University of Oulu is not valid during the exchange period!
• Some people think that taking an insurance is overreacting and even waste of money. However, every year it proves that for some students insurance is worth .
• Remember to apply for housing in time!
• Finding an apartment varies depending on the destination and exchange programme. Helpful information can be found in the feedback given in SoleMOVE by previous students
DURING THE EXCHANGE
Paperwork at the Host University
• Tuition fees are not applicable for students participating in an exchange programme.
• Students might need to pay, for example, for teaching materials, membership fees and corresponding costs.
• Take with you extra passport photos.
• If you are travelling to Europe, take with you the European Health Insurance Card as well as your own insurance. Host university may also provide some kind of insurance for the students. Find out more as soon as you arrive.
• If needed, contact International Ser vices at thenUniversity of Oulu: email@example.com, tel +358 (0)294 484 045
• Materials can be found at the university web site: www.oulu.fi/english/
• If you keep a blog during your exchange, please send us the link.
• Take with you a Transcript of Records (or ask it to be sent) from your host univeristy as well as detailed descriptions of courses, literature lists, etc.
• Transferring the credits is done at the Faculties in Oulu. See advice on the RPL Process: www.oulu.fi/english/studying/supporting-
• Scan and upload mandatory documents in SoleMOVE:
- Letter of Confirmation with exact dates of study (Erasmus)
- Learning Agreement and possible Changes to Learning Agreement (Erasmus)
- Transcript of Records (all exchanges)
• Feedback through SoleMOVE (all exchanges)
- Do another OLS Langugage Test (Erasmus)
- Do Erasmus Survey (mandatory Erasmus feedback)
Last updated: 29.12.2016