University of Oulu, 2016

Permanent Withdrawal of Study Rights

Students are entitled to renounce their study rights. Requests of withdrawal from a degree programme or main subject shall be submitted to the University in written form. Withdrawal of study rights is binding and, after withdrawal, the student concerned may no longer receive tuition in the study programme specified in this request. A student place can only be regained according to normal student admission procedures.

A student submitting any request for withdrawal shall be considered to have renounced their student place as of the submission date of the request. A student who withdraws their study rights can no longer be a member of the Student Union nor are they entitled to student allowance or other benefits related to student status.  Requests of withdrawal shall be submitted to the Student Services at the University of Oulu, from where the information is sent to the Student Union. In addition, a copy of the form shall be submitted to the faculty, where the withdrawal is registered in WebOodi. The student shall receive the original copy of the form as proof of withdrawal. 

The form ‘Request to Permanently Withdraw from Studies in a Study Programme/Main Subject ' can be found at the Student Affairs forms page.

Last updated: 15.5.2016