Student Center provides comprehensive services for students starting with registration to the university and going all the way to alumni services. The Student Center offers services to all students including exchange students and doctoral students, and also students who wish to take courses in the Open University.
Student Center is located on Opintokatu at Linnanmaa campus, most of the services are available in room KE1020.
Academic Affairs/Student Center
P.O. Box 8100
FI-90014 University of Oulu
Opening hours are Mon-Fri 9-15, if not otherwised mentioned. Exceptions to opening hours are marked in bold next to services.
Student Center offers the following services:
tel. +358 294 484 035, hakijapalvelut(at)oulu.fi
-Internship in Finland
tel. +358 294 487 455, tari.rantasuo(at)oulu.fi (times by appointment, Kemiankatu KE 1032)
tel. +358 294 483 495 kaisa.karhu(at)oulu.fi
walk-in: Thu 9-11, 2nd floor, room KE234.
- ICT Services for Students
tel +358 8 553 3080, neuvonta(at)oulu.fi.
N.B.: exceptions to the opening hours.
- Languages and Communication
1sr floor, room KE1012-2, walk-in service without service number
open Mon-Fri 9-11 and 12-15.
tel. +358 294 483 200
- Main cashier (Student Affairs with service number)
tel. +358 294 484 035
- Open University Studies
open Mon-Thu 12-14, other times by appointment.
N.B. Closed March 6-10.
tel. +358 294 487 313, avoin.yliopisto(at)oulu.fi
- Sports Services
- Sports Pass, course fees, and sports and gym tickets: 1st floor, Student Affairs (service number)
- Sports Coordinator; 2nd floor, room KE221
tel. +358 294 484 029, markku.saarela(at)oulu.fi
- Student Affairs
- Study certificates
- Sports passes
- You can order an official digital transcript in WebOodi.
tel. +358 294 484 035, student.services(at)oulu.fi.
- Student Financial Aid
N.B. Applications for student financial aid from students at the University of Oulu will be processed at Kela starting 1.1.2017, read more.
Kela’s contact information:
- Kela’s customer service number 020 634 2550
- local Kela´s officies
In the future, the Financial aid committee of the University of Oulu will only be responsible for the guidance regarding the monitoring the academic progress and extensions of the maximum payment period of student financial aid. Contact information of Financial aid committee of the university of Oulu:
- tel: 0294 48 9100
- N.B.: Student Financial Aid customer service point has been closed starting January 1st, 2017
- Study and Career Counselling
Walk-in service without appointment:
- Tue 12-14, 1st floor, room KE1009.
- Thu 9-11, 2nd floor, room KE234.
Make an appointment request by filling in an online form
- Study Counselling Psychologist
- study counselling psychologist Walk-in service
* in Linnanmaa on Mon 9-11, Student Center 2nd floor, room KE233.
* in Kontinkangas on Friday 24.3., 28.4. and 19.5. at 8:30-10 a.m., location: Aapistie 7A, R floor, room K008
- Study Counselling Psychologist trainee Walk-in service in Linnanmaa on Wednesdays at 9-11, Student Center 2nd floor, room KE232-2, starting Jan 25th.
- Other times make an appointment request by filling in an online form
- Student Exchange
Student exchange helpdesk has moved to Tellus, available there Tue and Wed at 10–12.
- University of Oulu Graduate School UniOGS
1sr floor, rooms KE1153 and KE1154
Dean and Coordinators
Last updated: 3/3/2017