An occupational accident is an accident that has caused the employee an injury or illness.
- at work
- in circumstances related to work
- in the place of work
- running errands for the employerng
- on the way to the work or from work to the home
The insurance covers
- personnel in an employment relationship with the university
- students doing internships
Occupation accident/ occupational disease always require that you
- Fill out an internal notification of occupational accident (in Finnish). The notification must be filled out as soon as possible after the accident takes place/ the symptoms of the occupational illness appear. If you cannot fill out the Finnish form online, please fill out the details on the internal occupational accident report in English and email it to both Heli Ijäs at email@example.com and Anja Mäntykenttä at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Print out the insurance certificate (in Finnish) and present/send it to the attending physician.
Insurance phone numbers:
IF:n vakuutukset (Insurances by IF, in Finnish)
Reporting an occupational accident
Last updated: 7.9.2017