Counselling and Study Plan Advising
If your studies are not progressing in the way you hope or you don’t regard studying as sensible, seek guidance. In the questions related to your field of study and personal study plan (PSP) the guidance is offered primarily by the programme coordinator or tutor teacher in your study programme. Exchange students can seek assistance from their International Coordinator. Students can also contact their student advisors (Faculty study affairs) for help. See also Guidelines on PSP Advising at the University of Oulu.
During your studies, you may encounter situations when you need special guidance and counselling, e.g. to plan your studies. In the need of the additional guidance you can turn to the counselling services: study and career counselling and study counselling psychologist. N.B.: Finnish Student Health Service (FSHS) provides general, mental and oral health care services for students. If you have health problems, you can contact directly FSHS.
Student and Career Counselling
Student and career counselling can help you with questions concerning
- career guidance and counselling, but we do not offer placement services
- internships in Finland or abroad and internship grants
- study plans or scheduling your studies
The councelling sessions are confidential and last 45-60 minutes.
- Services are available at Student Center, Opintokatu at Linnanmaa campus.
- Make an appointment request by filling in an online form. Explain briefly what your situation is and what kind of counselling you need and you will be contacted by the coordinators or the Student Counselling Psychologist.
Last updated: 21.11.2017