Wednesday 11 November 2020 at 5:00-6:30 PM (Helsinki, UTC/GMT +02:00, CET +01:00)
Join the webinar series highlighting the insights of the new 6G White Papers written by international Expert Groups!
As part of the 6G Research Visions Webinar Series, this webinar will address the key drivers, requirements and enablers of MTC towards 6G. The webinar is moderated by Nurul Huda Mahmood, who led the Expert Group that prepared 6G White Paper on Critical and Massive Machine Type Communication towards 6G.
- Welcome by Academy Professor Matti Latva-aho, Director of 6G Flagship.
- Introduction to the Webinar and the MTC white paper by Nurul Huda Mahmood, 6G Flagship, University of Oulu, Finland.
- Key requirements of an MTC-optimized 6G network by Prof. Petar Popovski, Aalborg University, Denmark.
- Industrial automation/Industry 5.0 use cases towards 6G by Frank Burkhardt (speaker TBC), Fraunhofer IIS, Germany.
- Holistic E2E 6G MTC network vision by Prof. Ingrid Moerman, imec-UGhent, Belgium.
- The future of URLLC in the 6G era by Prof Christian Wietfeld, TU Dortmund University, Germany.
- The road to Zero Energy MTC by Ravikumar Pragada, Interdigital, USA.
After the talks, a minimum of 30 minutes is reserved for open discussion with the distinguished presenters. A recorded video of the webinar will be openly available after the event.
The webinar series and individual webinars are free of charge and open to all experts and students interested in 6G research and development.
Please register for the webinar at the latest on 10 November 2020. Registered participants will receive access information for Zoom via email.
The webinar series is organized by the Finnish 6G Flagship program and representatives of the 6G White Paper Expert Group. For more information please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We present the main drivers, potential use cases, key requirements and new service classes pertinent to MTC in 6G networks. We provide a bird’s eye view of a holistic end-to-end MTC Network Architecture. We discuss the challenges and potential 6G enablers of ultra-low power, massive and critical MTC. We touch upon privacy, security and trust concerns in an MTC optimized 6G network.
Last updated: 8.12.2020