Wednesday 18 November 2020 at 5:00-6:30 PM (Helsinki, UTC/GMT +02:00, CET +01:00)
Join the webinar series highlighting the insights of the new 6G White Papers written by international Expert Groups!
As part of the 6G Research Visions Webinar Series, this webinar will explore future localization and sensing opportunities for beyond-5G wireless communication systems by identifying key technology enablers and discussing their underlying challenges, implementation issues, and identifying potential solutions. In addition, we present exciting new opportunities for localization and sensing applications, which will disrupt traditional design principles and revolutionize the way we live, interact with our environment, and do business.
The webinar is moderated by Dr. Carlos H. M. de Lima who led the Expert Group that compiled the 6G Whitepaper on Localization and Sensing.
- RF spectrum for future localization and sensing systems by Barend Van Liempd, IMEC, Belgium
- Intelligent surface-assisted communications, localization, and sensing by Hadi Sarieddeen, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Saudi Arabia
- Beamspace for localization and sensing by Yang Miao, University of Twente, Netherlands
- Role of machine learning in localization and sensing by Jaakko Suutala, University of Oulu, Finland
- Sensing and communication convergence by Henk Wymeersch and Tommy Svensson, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Active Radar Sensing Using Joint Communications and RF Sensing by André Noll Barreto, Barkhausen Institut, Germany
After the talks, a minimum of 30 minutes is reserved for discussion. A recorded video of the webinar will be openly available after the event.
The webinar series and individual webinars are free of charge and open to all experts and students interested in 6G research and development.
Please register for the webinar at the latest on 17 November 2020. Registered participants will receive access information for Zoom via email.
The webinar series is organized by the Finnish 6G Flagship program and representatives of the 6G White Paper Expert Group. For more information please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We discuss the 6G convergent communication, localization and sensing systems by addressing the following indispensable aspects: i) we first identified the most promising technologies which will most likely pave the way towards the next generation of wireless communication systems, then ii) based on the desired features of the upcoming 6G networks and the opportunities created by the enabling technologies, we discuss interesting new applications which will impact the way we live, interact with our environment, and do business, finally iii) we discuss challenges and identify future directions to realize truly intelligent 6G wireless systems that will not only provide ubiquitous communication but also empower high accuracy localization and high-resolution sensing services.
Last updated: 8.12.2020