ay724812P Building Change Through Entrepreneurship (AVOIN YO) 5 op
HUOM! Opinto-oikeus alkaa 1.5.2020. Käyttäjätunnus tulee voimaan 2.5.2020, jolloin saat sähköpostin, jossa kerrotaan käyttäjätunnuksesi ja ohjeet salasanan asettamiseksi.
After the course the students should:
1. Have the basic knowledge about start-ups and new business creation
2. Have the ability to find and utilize information for new business creation
3. Have the knowledge how to analyze own business-case
4. Have the knowledge how the to plan a new start-up
5. Have the ability to present own business-case
Themes covered in this course are (1) Introduction to Entrepreneurship, (2) Recognizing Opportunities and Generating Ideas, (3) Feasibility Analysis, (4) Industry and Competitor Analysis, (5) Developing an Effective Business Model, (6) Building a New Venture Team, (7) Assessing New Venture’s Financial Strength and Viability, (8) Writing a Business Plan, (9) Getting Finance or Funding, (10) Preparing for and Evaluating Challenges of Growth.
The course is based on self-learning by the students based on the slides containing detailed information, video links as well as relevant audio insights uploaded by the lecturer. Along with these, the students are expected to read relevant parts of the course textbook and undertake learning assignments associated with them.
- Course slides and relevant online resources inserted in the slides
- Bruce R. Barringer and R. Duane Ireland (2006). Entrepreneurship: Successfully Launching New Ventures. Pearson Education.
Individually written assignments. Completion of all 10 assignments corresponds to receiving grade 5, while minimum two are needed to get 1 in order to pass the course.
The course utilizes a numerical grading scale 1-5. In the numerical scale zero stands for fail.
University and open university students.
Opintojakso on osa yrittäjyyden perusopintoja (A631401 Yrittäjyys, perusopinnot, 25 op).