ay724201A Internationalization (AVOIN YO) 5 op
HUOM! Opinto-oikeus alkaa 1.5.2020. Käyttäjätunnus tulee voimaan 2.5.2020, jolloin saat sähköpostin, jossa kerrotaan käyttäjätunnuksesi ja ohjeet salasanan asettamiseksi.
Upon completion of the course, the students understand what international business context is, and know the key drivers of internationalization and globalization. The students are able to recognize and describe different international operation modes. The students are able to compare and evaluate the foreign operation modes in specific decision-making situations for both multinational enterprises and small & medium sized enterprises.
Following themes are covered in the course:
(1) Introduction to the course: What, Why, How and Where of Internationalization: An Overview of Globalization ,
(2) Regional Integration, Trading Blocs and Internationalization: Focus on European Union,
(3) Internationalization of Industries and Service Sector,
(4) Internationalization: Rules of the Game,
(5) Internationalization Decision Making Process and Operation Modes,
(6) Exporting and Licensing,
(7) Franchising, and Management Contracts,
(8) Contract Manufacturing, Project operation mode and Strategic Alliances,
(9) Greenfield Investments and Acquisitions,
(10) Operation Mode Combination and Changes.
The course is based on self-learning by the students based on the slides with detailed information, video links as well as relevant audio insights uploaded by the lecturer. Along with these, the students are recommended to read the course textbooks and relevant articles to enhance their learning.
- Course Slides
- Welch, L, Benito, G & S Petersen, B. (2018). Foreign Operation Methods. Theory, analysis, strategy. Edward Elgar Publishing Ltd. Cheltenham. 2nd Ed.
- Dicken, P. (2015). Global Shift: mapping the changing contours of the world economy, 7th Edition. Sage.
- Relevant academic articles
3000 words individually written assignment on international operation mode(s) choice.
The course utilizes a numerical grading scale 1-5. In the numerical scale zero stands for fail.
University and Open University Students.
Opintojakso on osa kauppatieteen aineopintoja.