BISG is active in a number of standardisation initiatives.
- ISO/IEC JTC1/SC27, whose activities include information security management systems, cryptographic and security mechanisms, security evaluation, testing and specification, security controls and services as well as identity management and privacy technologies.
- ISO/TC 299, which has working groups on topics such as personal care robot safety, and modularity for service robots.
Remarkable international activities with BISG visibility other than research projects (see the Projects section) and standardisation (see Innovation under Results) include the following.
- SPARC robotics PPP, a Public-Private Partnership between the European Commission, and European industry and academia to facilitate the growth and empowerment of the robotics industry and value chain, from research through to production.
- euRobotics aisbl (association internationale sans but lucratif = non-profit) is a Brussels based international non-profit association for all stakeholders in European robotics. euRobotics builds upon the success of the European Robotics Technology Platform (EUROP) and the academic network of EURON, and will not only continue the cooperation but will also strengthen the bond between members of these two community driven organisations. Thus, leading towards the establishment of only one sustainable organisation for the European robotics community as a whole.
- Centre for Advanced Steel Research (CASR), a national centre of expertise focusing on the chemical, mechanical and physical metallurgy of steels, including control and information engineering and modelling.
Cooperating universities and industry partners
BISG collaborates with universities in Europe and worldwide, as well as with national and multi-national industry partners.
Last updated: 6.4.2018