Centre for Health and Technology
Centre for Health and Technology (CHT) is innovating connected health solutions together with researchers and entrepreneurs.
We are doing that by:
- building a strategic innovation agenda to execute novel spearhead themes,
- coordinating multidisciplinary research, development and innovation activities in the OuluHealth ecosystem,
- supporting ecosystem members in their progress towards the commercialization and deployment of novel healthcare solutions,
- enhancing the ecosystem innovation capacity through the development of agile innovation processes and models, and
- facilitating strategic cooperation through international networks and partnerships.
Since 2011, we have been systematically creating and developing strategic connected health RDI entities and pathways towards data driven healthcare. This activity is crucial for the successful evolution towards a predictive, personalized, preventive and participatory healthcare system, creating new business opportunities worldwide. We create, coordinate, participate in, and support initiatives related to personalized health, future healthcare services, future hospitals and biobanks.
CHT, working under Faculty of Medicine, collaborates also with the innovation and entrepreneurship operations of the University of Oulu with the aim of simplifying the processes and shortening the time required for research-based innovations to have an impact on society. The availability of the University’s Tellus Innovation Area provides a collaborative and entrepreneurial environment that promotes the flow from scientific discovery to application. We organise networking events and challenges to foster collaboration with industries and bring together academic expertise with entrepreneurial mindsets. We test and implement novel operations to develop the innovation process, i.e. the process from idea to innovation.