Nordic perspective to gadget‐free hyperconnected environments
The Naked Approach
This is a visionary project called “The Naked Approach – Nordic perspective to gadget-free hyperconnected environments”. The aim of the Naked Approach project is to develop communication technologies for future gadget-free environments and research alternative, human-centric ways of producing and consuming digital services. Project is seeking and developing alternative, human-centric ways of producing and consuming digital services. The driving vision is digital paradise, where users can live “naked” without carry-on gadgets. The digital services appear to the user from the texture of the environment when needed and then completely disappear when not needed anymore. Design, technology and business solutions are created and studied from user perspective in order to realise new digital interaction paradigms. While developing the business models and ecosystems, the Nordic values – respectful co-living and trust – are emphasized as a part of new services and products – on our way towards the hyperconnected world of the future. In project vision, the digital surroundings will form an “omnipotential” environment around the user, providing all the information, tools, and services that the user needs in his or her everyday life in the Hyper connected society of 2020’s and 2030’s. The role of CWC team is to develop energy-efficient communication architectures and methods for smart technologies seamlessly integrated into the surroundings, as well as security solutions for user authentication in smart surroundings.
- T. Kumar, P. Porambage, I. Ahmad, M. Liyanage, E. Harjula, M. Ylianttila. "Securing the Gadget-Free Digital Services", Accepted in IEEE Computer, 2018. (In Press) (Impact factor 1.755)
- I. Ahmad, T. Kumar, M Liyanage, M. Ylianttila, T. Koskela, T. Braysy, A. Anttonen, V. Pentikainen Vesa, J-P Soininen, J. Huusko, "Towards Gadget-Free Internet Services: A Roadmap of the Naked World", to appear in Telematics and Informatics Journal, Elsevier, 2017. (Impact factor 3.398)
- T. Kumar, M. Liyanage, I. Ahmad, . Braeken, M. Ylianttila, "From Gadget to Gadget-Free Hyperconnected World: Conceptual Analysis of User Privacy Challenges" , in Proc. of 2017 European Conference on Networks and Communications (EuCNC), Oulu, Finland. June 2017.
- T. Kumar, A. Braeken, M. Liyanage, M. Ylianttila, "Identity Privacy Preserving Biometric Based Authentication Scheme for Naked Healthcare Environment", in the Proceedings of ICC 2017.
- A. Manzoor, Y. Hu, M. Liyanage, P. Ekparinya, K. Thilakarathna, G. Jourjon, A. Seneviratne, S. Kanhere, M. Ylianttila, "Demo: A Delay-Tolerant Payment Scheme on the Ethereum Blockchain", Accepted in IEEE 18th International Symposium on "A World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks" (WoWMoM) , Chania, Greece, June 2018.
- A. Manzoor , P. Porambage, M. Liyanage, M. Ylianttila, A. Gurtov, "DEMO: Mobile Relay Architecture for Low-Power IoT Devices", Accepted in IEEE 18th International Symposium on "A World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks" (WoWMoM) , Chania, Greece, June 2018.
VTT, Lapland, TUTampere, UOulu, AaltoU, Demos Helsinki