Academic Year 2020-2021 Orientation Events
Due to Covid-19 pandemia reasons detailed academic year 2020-2021 orientation program will be placed here by mid-August. Most probably orientation, and 1st period teaching will be arranged with Zoom or Teams distance learning facilities. All enrolled students will be informed in August by UO education services, and Zoom & Teams links will be send to students in order to start studies. Also delays in resedence permit application and granting may force for distance learning during fall term. Below you can find last academic year's orientation materials.
Academic Year 2019-2020 Orientation Events
UO will organize on September 2-6, 2019 a general orientation week for all international students in order to help students to settle down at the campus. In addition, the Centre for Wireless Communications (CWC) offers specific orientation event for WCE and double-degree students (DD-WCE) on 5.9.2019, 16:00-19:000 o'clock at room TS101. Your student tutor, called "Kummi" in Finnish, will guide you there.
It is extremely crucial for you to get residence permit, book flights & accommodation to make possible to join UO orientation week programme. Otherwise you will not get good start for your studies. WCE teaching also starts on Monday 2.9.2018.
First Aid Calendar for Teaching of 2019-21 WCE-RAN and WCE-RF Groups During Weeks 36-37 (2.9-13.9.2019)
WCE Orientation Slides for 5.9.2019 Event
- WCE Orientation Programme 5.9.2019
- Introduction to ITEE Faculty (Jari Iinatti)
- Introduction to CWC-RT & CWC-NS Research Units (Jari Iinatti and Markku Juntti)
- Future Radio & RF Technologies Towards 5G and Beyond (Aarno Pärssinen)
- ITEE Faculty Student Services & Baclelor's Degree Documentation Checking (Sirpa Nelo)
- Faculty's WCE Study Affairs (Virpi Parkkila and Vaili Jämsä-Uusitalo)
- Electrical Engineering Guild Presentation for WCE Students (Markus Junttila)
- Finnish Culture & Study Culture & Practices (Matti Isohookana)
- WCE-RAN & WCE-RF Study Options and Study Coaching (Kari Kärkkäinen)
WCE Orientation Slides for 14.10.2019 Event
Last updated: 3.7.2020