the 30th Meeting of WWRF
Theme of the Meeting: Smart Cities
The Wireless World Research Forum (WWRF) is a global organisation with members from five continents, representing all sectors of the mobile communications industry and the research community. The objective of the forum is to encourage research that will achieve unbounded communications to address key societal challenges for the future.
WWRF runs two 3-day meetings a year, hosted by a member organization and with an identified theme. Anybody can submit a contribution and attend. The programme is a mix of invited speakers on key topics and working group sessions. These are excellent opportunities to network, meet experts, and contribute to the white papers. WWRF Meeting 30 is organized by the University of Oulu, Department of Communications Engineering.
WWRF Meeting 30 will explore the theme of ‘Smart Cities’, bringing together ideas, visions, plans and concrete initiatives of how wireless communications can support and enhance the experience of living in the community of the future. A range of high-profile speakers will represent academia, industry and regulators as well as initiatives working towards the ‘intelligent community’. An exhibition session will be organized as a platform for exchanging experiences and best practice and industry in the field of wireless communications.
Speakers of the conference include:
- Afonso Ferreira, European Commission, Future & Emerging Technologies (FET) Unit
- Pasi Toivonen, Finnish Communications Regulatory Authority (FICORA)
- Suvi Linden, ITU Special Envoy for the Broadband Commission for Digital Development
- Bror Salmelin, Adviser for Innovation Systems, European Commission DG CONNECT
- John Jung, Chairman and Co-Founder, Intelligent Community Forum
- Tassarajen Pilay Chedumbrum, ICT Minister, Republic of Mauritius
WWRF 30 home page www.wwrf30.ch
WWRF home page www.wwrf.ch
Last updated: 21.3.2013