Secure Connectivity of Future Cyber-Physical Systems
SECURE Connect project will solve the Industrial Internet and future Cyber Physical System challenges by achieving following objectives:
- Assessment of Security strengths and weaknesses in current cyber-physical communication systems and derivation of potential points for improvement especially by using SDN and NFV concepts
- Identification of possible security attacks future cyber-physical networks and how they can be detected and prevented.
- Specify achievable and relevant scenarios and use-cases for coexistence, cooperation and integration of SDN and NFV based techniques and cloud-service based solutions within cyber-physical systems, for network security.
- Research on economically viable security techniques and protocols for cyber-physical networks and Customization of identified security techniques and protocols to use in future cyber-physical networks.
- Design Secure and scalable communication architecture for future cyber-physical networks based on emerging SDN and NFV technologies
Project coordinatorUniversity of Oulu
- M. Liyanage, I. Ahmed, J. Okwuibe, M. Ylianttila, H. Kabir, J. Santos, R. Kantola, O. Perez, M. Itzazelaia, E. Montes de Oca, "Enhancing Security of Future Software Defined Mobile Networks", IEEE Access, Vol. 5, pp. 9422-9438, 2017. (Impact factor 3.244)
- M. Liyanage, A, Braeken, A. Jurcut, M. Ylianttila, A. Gurtov, "Secure Communication Channel Architecture for Software Defined Mobile Networks", Elsevier Computer Networks, Vol. 114, pp. 32-50, 2017. (Impact factor 2.516)
- M. Liyanage, M. Dananjaya, J. Okwuibe, M. Ylianttila, "SDN based Operator Assisted Offloading Platform for Multi-Controller 5G Networks" , in 23th IEEE International Symposium on Local and Metropolitan Area Networks (LANMAN), Osaka, Japan, June 2017
- M. Liyanage, M. Ylianttila, A. Gurtov, "Software Defined VPLS Architectures: Opportunities and Challenges", in IEEE 28th Annual International Symposium on Personal, Indoor, and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC 2017), Montreal, Canada , October 2017
- M. Liyanage, J. Okwuibe, I. Ahmed, M. Ylianttila, O. PÃ©rez, M. Itzazelaia, E. de Oca, "Software Defined Monitoring (SDM) for 5G Mobile Backhual Networks", in 23th IEEE International Symposium on Local and Metropolitan Area Networks (LANMAN), Osaka, Japan, June 2017
- I. Ahmad, S. Namal, M. Ylianttila and A. Gurtov, "Towards software defined cognitive networking," New Technologies, Mobility and Security (NTMS), 2015 7th International Conference on, Paris, 2015, pp. 1-5. doi: 10.1109/NTMS.2015.7266528
Madhusanka Liyanage, "Enhancing Security and Scalability of Virtual Private LAN Services", http://jultika.oulu.fi/Record/isbn978-952-62-1376-7 defended 1.12.2016
- Ijaz Ahmad, "Improving software defined cognitive and secure networking", http://jultika.oulu.fi/Record/isbn978-952-62-1951-6 defended 20.6.2018
- PI Prof. Mika Ylianttila, University of Oulu
- PI Prof. Tuomas Aura, Aalto University
- Prof. Andrei Gurtov, Linköping University
- CWC-NS Networks and Systems
- CWC-Verkot ja Järjestelmät