Towards Digital Paradise
TDP is a company driven joint research project where we develop local services for the remote locations with small cells base stations. This enables localized services enabling 5G Mobile Edge Computing (MEC)-like systems. TDP is jointly operating with the Naked approach project, in the theme of seeking and developing alternative, human-centric ways of producing and utilizing digital services.
What are the possibilities in using digitalization and Internet of Things to improve human capabilities and create a more resource smart world? Naked approach has asked this question together with multi-disciplinary consortium and has reached great success during its two projects year. In order to implement the Naked approach -vision into the society, we need new business: products, services and business models. In the beginning of 2017 we started together with the group of innovative companies the project Towards Digital Paradise, which aims for that.
Digital services appear to the user through the texture of the environment when needed and then disappear when not needed. In TDP a group of companies and leading research organizations join their forces to innovate and build business enablers for the future hyper-connected society. Specifically, this project will study and develop solutions for dynamic, interactive, connected surfaces - i.e. “nearables” and localized communication and service platforms. The applications range from urban smart spaces and lighting to extended service coverage in rural and developing areas. Community runs small cells base stations (i.e. Nokia Kuha base stations (https://www.kuha.io). Kuha like systems offer a potential framework for running the localized services enabling 5G Mobile Edge Computing (MEC)-like systems.
- T. Kumar, P. Porambage, I. Ahmad, M. Liyanage, E. Harjula, M. Ylianttila. "Securing the Gadget-Free Digital Services", Accepted in IEEE Computer, 2018. (In Press) (Impact factor 1.755)
- I. Ahmad, T. Kumar, M Liyanage, M. Ylianttila, T. Koskela, T. Braysy, A. Anttonen, V. Pentikainen Vesa, J-P Soininen, J. Huusko, "Towards Gadget-Free Internet Services: A Roadmap of the Naked World", to appear in Telematics and Informatics Journal, Elsevier, 2017. (Impact factor 3.398)
- T. Kumar, M. Liyanage, I. Ahmad, . Braeken, M. Ylianttila, "From Gadget to Gadget-Free Hyperconnected World: Conceptual Analysis of User Privacy Challenges" , in Proc. of 2017 European Conference on Networks and Communications (EuCNC), Oulu, Finland. June 2017.
- T. Kumar, A. Braeken, M. Liyanage, M. Ylianttila, "Identity Privacy Preserving Biometric Based Authentication Scheme for Naked Healthcare Environment", in the Proceedings of ICC 2017.
- A. Manzoor, Y. Hu, M. Liyanage, P. Ekparinya, K. Thilakarathna, G. Jourjon, A. Seneviratne, S. Kanhere, M. Ylianttila, "Demo: A Delay-Tolerant Payment Scheme on the Ethereum Blockchain", Accepted in IEEE 18th International Symposium on "A World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks" (WoWMoM) , Chania, Greece, June 2018.
- A. Manzoor , P. Porambage, M. Liyanage, M. Ylianttila, A. Gurtov, "DEMO: Mobile Relay Architecture for Low-Power IoT Devices", Accepted in IEEE 18th International Symposium on "A World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks" (WoWMoM) , Chania, Greece, June 2018.
Nokia, Streamr, Nextfloor, Lighting Design Collecive, Reaktor, Nordkapp, Flexbright, Barrabes, NextBase, LMInfo, VTT, Lapland, TUTampere, UOulu, AaltoU, Demos Helsinki
- CWC-NS Networks and Systems
- CWC-Verkot ja Järjestelmät