Graduate with a globally competitive international Master’s Degree in Wireless Communications Engineering from two universities
International Double Degree Master's Programme in Wireless Communications Engineering
The International Double Degree Master’s Programme on Wireless Communications Engineering (WCE) is a two-year full-time programme focusing on 5G and beyond. The programme provides the students with knowledge and skills in fundamentals and applications (e.g. IoT) of wireless networks and standardisation activities. The solid foundations provided are further strengthened with students' exposure to the industry environment and ongoing research projects at CWC.
Students admitted to the programme will spend a full academic year (2nd year of Master’s) in Oulu benefitting, e.g. from
• a curriculum drawing from the latest research results by CWC,
• dynamic regional and national ICT ecosystem around 5G,
• state-of the-art campus-wide 5G test network,
• the world-famous Finnish educational system, and
• services and activities for foreign and degree-seeking students.
Eligibility and Applications
BSc graduates in wireless communications engineering or computer engineering wishing to enter the double degree programme must apply to
• University of Peradeniya (UoP), Sri Lanka
• Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Thailand, or
• University of Oulu (UOulu), Finland
to pursue Master’s studies.
Students shall first apply to UoP or AIT where the applicants are shortlisted. Subsequently, the students are asked to submit an online application for UOulu on 23 April – 4 May 2018.
More information: cwc-career (at) oulu.fi
At the successful completion of the two-year master’s studies, students will receive two diplomas – one from either UoP or AIT and one from UOulu. Career opportunities after the globally recognised degree are versatile, both in companies and in academia. Graduates are able to design and implement wireless solutions e.g. for future 5G networks, IoT devices and smart energy-efficient wireless sensor applications.