Applying for travel funds in the Faculty of Education Call 3/2014
The purpose of research-related trips is to further scientific research activities in the Faculty, especially in terms of internationalisation. The Faculty finances-according to available resources-conference trips of researchers whose abstracts have been accepted/submitted. Members of both the research and teaching staff as well as PhD students in the Faculty may apply for travel funds. Daily allowances are only applicable for those employed by the University.
1.2.-28.2. / 1.5.-31.5. / 1.8.-31.8. / 1.11-30.11.
CRITERION FOR FUNDING
- The granted funding is applicable only to the travel plan presented in the application.
- One trip per person can be funded yearly.
- PhD students who do not have a work contract with the University can only be funded once during their whole study period at most, depending on the available resources.
- For long-term research exchanges funding is to be located primarily through other sources.
- PhD student applicants must apply for funding also via UniOGS and inform details of this in the cover letter.
- PhD student applicants should send a short letter of recommendation from their supervisor as an attachment.
- Early stage PhD students travel will be supported mainly to Europe, and only in exceptional circumstances (and with support from the supervisor) to further than Europe.
- All applicants shall have a plan for publishing the paper that the applied trip is based on. If an applicant has received travel funding from the faculty in the previous year, he/she must also provide details of the publication of the paper that the funded trip was based on.
Accommodation costs must not exceed 130€/night, unless a separate justification is provided with the application.
Unless a separate justification for this is provided with the application the overall expenses of the travel (excluding day allowance) must not exceed:
- 750€ within Finland
- 1500€ to Europe
- 2500€ to outside of Europe.
HOW TO APPLY
Send an application in an electronic form, within the call time (current: 1.8.-31.8.2014) to the Faculty Board of Research (paivi.ronkainen(at)oulu.fi).
Applications must include
- A cover letter stating a plan for publishing the paper that the applied trip is based on. If an applicant has received travel funding from the faculty in the previous year, he/she must also provide details of the publication of the paper that the funded trip was based on. PhD students will also state when and how much they have applied from UniOGS to the travel concerned.
- Form for research travel grants.
- For PhD students: an attached recommendation from supervisor, as to the relevance of the travel proposed.
Last updated: 4.3.2015