Transfer Student Application
Apply transfer to University of Oulu
The next transfer application period for English-taught programmes is 1 -15 November 2023. Application period begins at 8.00/ 8am (GMT +3) and ends at 15.00/ 3pm (GMT+3).
Who can apply?
The transfer application is aimed at students enrolled in studies leading to a Finnish higher education degree in University and who wish to transfer their study right from one Finnish University to University of Oulu or within University of Oulu from one degree programme or major to another.
University of Oulu does not currently admit transfer students from foreign higher education institutions or from University of Applied Sciences.
You must have a valid right to study and be registered as either an attending or non-attending student at the university from which you are transferring. The right to study to be transferred must be clearly expressed in the application phase.
How to apply
You can apply transfer to University of Oulu twice a year. Application period is organized in Autumn and Spring. Applications are made online at www.studyinfo.fi.
University of Oulu accepts transfer students to the following three international programmes:
- Computer Science and Engineering (Digitalisation, Computing and Electronics), Degree Programme in Computer Science and Engineering, Bachelor and Master of Science (Technology) (3 y + 2 y)
- Electronics and Communications Engineering, Degree Programme in Electronics and Communications Engineering, Bachelor and Master of Science (Technology) (3 y + 2 y)
- Information Processing Science (Digitalisation, Computing and Electronics), Degree Programme in Information Processing Science, Bachelor and Master of Science (3 y + 2 y)
Application period in Autumn
- Apply on studyinfo.fi at the latest November 15, 2023, 15.00/3pm (GMT +3)
- Upload all required attachments to application form by November 22, 2023, 15.00/3pm (GMT +3)
- Results will be published by December 11, 2023
- Confirm your study place December 18, 2023, 15.00/3pm (GMT +3)
English language proficiency is always tested with all applicants. The following gives you the detailed rules concerning the language requirements.
Previous study right ends
If you are admitted based on your transfer application in Spring intake your new study right begins on 1 August and the former right to study will expire at the end of the term preceding the transfer, on 31 July.
If you are admitted based on your transfer application in Autumn intake your new study right begins on 1 January and the former right to study will expire at the end of the term preceding the transfer, on 31 December.
First-time applicant in Finland?
University of Oulu offers over 20 international degree programmes taught in English.