Coronavirus and new practices
Coronavirus – current issues
Updated on 19.10.2022
Teaching at the University of Oulu has no corona restrictions. The studies are organized as contact teaching, distance learning, multimodal teaching and hybrid teaching. The decision on the teaching method is made by the teacher in charge of the course, who also informs the students about it. Students can also study on campuses independently.
University of Oulu combines multi-location and telework.
We follow the coronavirus situation and the recommendations and instructions of the authorities in operation all the time.
You can prevent the spread of coronavirus by your own actions
- Take corona vaccinations.
- It is not allowed to enter the campuses if you are ill. If you get symptoms, stay at home and see the instructions of the City of Oulu or your home municipality.
- Avoid near contacts.
- Maintain good hand hygiene.
- The use of mask is no longer necessary on the university premises but you can still use mask at your discretion.
For more detailed instructions for staff regarding for example arrangements of working and teaching, please refer to the intranet Patio (log-in required).
Epidemic situaton in Northern Ostrobothnia (Oulu University Hospital)
- Epidemic situation in Oulu and information about restrictions, recommendations, vaccinations and tests
- The Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare monitors the international situation and updates the page “Current information concerning the coronavirus” (THL)
- News from Finland in English (Yle News)
- Corona news from Finland in Arabic, in Somali, in Kurdish and in Persian (Yle)