Coronavirus and new practices
Coronavirus – current issues
Updated on 14.4.2022
The studies are organized as contact teaching, distance learning, multimodal teaching and hybrid teaching. Students can study on campuses independently, following safety guidelines.
University of Oulu combines multi-location and telework.
You can prevent the spread of coronavirus by your own actions
- Take corona vaccinations.
- It is not allowed to enter the campuses if you are ill. If you get symptoms, stay at home and see the instructions of the City of Oulu or your home municipality.
- If you have been quarantined by authorities it is extremely important to follow the instructions.
- Avoid near contacts.
- Maintain good hand hygiene.
- The use of mask is no longer necessary on the university premises but you can still use mask at your discretion.
- Those in risk groups should follow the guidelines provided by health care.
The doors of the campuses are open normally. At other times, students and staff can access to campuses with their access cards. Responsible and careful following of hygiene instructions is required from every visitor.
For more detailed instructions for staff regarding for example arrangements of working and teaching, please refer to the intranet Patio (log-in required).
Coronavirus instructions by topic
- Epidemic situaton in Northern Ostrobothnia (Oulu University Hospital)
- Epidemic situation in Oulu and information about restrictions, recommendations, vaccinations and tests
- The Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare monitors the international situation and updates the page “Current information concerning the coronavirus” (THL)
- News from Finland in English (Yle News)
- Corona news from Finland in Arabic, in Somali, in Kurdish and in Persian (Yle)