Coronavirus – current issues
Updated on 16.9.2021
The studies for the autumn semester are planned to be organized as contact teaching, distance learning, multimodal teaching and hybrid teaching, depending on how the teaching is pedagogically meaningful. Students can study on campuses independently, as long as they follow safety guidelines.
The University of Oulu recommends remote working when it is appropriate for the performance of the work and the achievement of the goals. Also multi-site work is possible. When possible, it is recommended that meetings be held as remote meetings or as hybrid meetings that can be attended either on-site or remotely. Meetings must follow the instructions given by the university on working on the university premises.
When working in the university premises, distance and hygiene instructions must be followed.
You can prevent the spread of coronavirus by your own actions
- It is not allowed to enter the campuses if you are ill or suspect coronavirus infection. If you get symptoms, stay at home. If needed, you can apply for coronavirus test. Get tested if you have been exposed to the coronavirus or you have not been vaccinated twice.
- Avoid near contacts.
- Maintain good hand hygiene.
- A face mask is recommended on the university premises at least in situations where it is difficult to avoid close contact, and always in contact teaching.
- Download the Koronavilkku app.
- Take corona vaccination.
- Those in risk groups should follow the guidelines provided by health care.
The doors of the campuses are open normally. At other times, students and staff can access to campuses with their access cards. Responsible and careful following of hygiene instructions is required from every visitor.
For more detailed instructions for staff regarding for example arrangements of working and teaching, please refer to the intranet Patio .
Coronavirus instructions by topic
- Epidemic situaton in Northern Ostrobothnia (Oulu University Hospital)
- Epidemic situation in Oulu and information about restrictions, recommendations, vaccinations and tests
- The Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare monitors the international situation and updates the page “Current information concerning the coronavirus” (THL)
- Oulu University Hospital instructions
- News from Finland in English (Yle News)
- Corona news from Finland in Arabic, in Somali, in Kurdish and in Persian (Yle)
- Oulu University Library services during the COVID-19 situation