Coronavirus – current issues
Updated on 24.6.2021
Studying at the University of Oulu will continue, as a rule, remotely until 31 July 2021. Teaching can be arranged on the campuses by taking into account the safety instructions. The University of Oulu prepares to organize autumn term studies on campuses, also online and hybrid modes of teaching can be used.
Remote working and distance learning are recommended when possible until 31 July 2021. Students can study on campuses independently, as long as they follow safety guidelines. Online meetings are used as alternatives for face-to-face meetings. When working in the university premises, distance and hygiene instructions must be followed.
You can prevent the spread of coronavirus by your own actions
- It is not allowed to enter the campuses if you are ill or suspect coronavirus infection. If you get symptoms, stay at home and get tested for coronavirus.
- Avoid near contacts. Near contact refers to a 15-minute period at a distance of less than 2 metres from another person.
- Maintain good hand hygiene.
- University of Oulu recommends the use of face masks in situations where it is difficult to avoid close contact.
- Download the Koronavilkku app.
- Take corona vaccination.
- Those in risk groups should follow the guidelines provided by health care.
The doors of the campuses are open normally. At other times, students and staff can access to campuses with their access cards. Responsible and careful following of hygiene instructions is required from every visitor.
For more detailed instructions for staff regarding for example arrangements of working and teaching, please refer to the intranet Patio .
Coronavirus instructions by topic
- Epidemic situaton in Northern Ostrobothnia (Oulu University Hospital)
- Epidemic situation in Oulu and information about restrictions, recommendations, vaccinations and tests
- The Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare monitors the international situation and updates the page “Current information concerning the coronavirus” (THL)
- Oulu University Hospital instructions
- News from Finland in English (Yle News)
- Corona news from Finland in Arabic, in Somali, in Kurdish and in Persian (Yle)
- Oulu University Library services during the COVID-19 situation