Finnish as a Foreign Language
High-quality Finnish language courses at the University of Oulu offer you a strong start into learning Finnish and a path to continue your Finnish studies all the way to more advanced working life Finnish courses.
These courses are taught by the University of Oulu's qualified, and much liked, Finnish-language teachers, who will be there to support you along the way.
The University of Oulu offers participants also from outside the university to participate in the university's Finnish languages courses. All courses have a certain numbers of seats reserved for non-university participants, varying from course to course. These Finnish as a foreign language courses are part of the normal university course offering, and thus, most of the courses are held during the day.
Elementary level (A1)
Intermediate level (A2)
Advanced level (B1–B2)
- Finnish for Advanced Students 5 ECTS
- Special Course in Finnish: Writing Skills 3 ECTS
- Conversational Skills in Finnish 3 ECTS
- Finnish Language Workshop 2 ECTS
- Knowledge of Language Structures 1, 5 ECTS
- Language Training 1 Finnish Society and Work Communities, 2 ECTS
- Language Training 2 Culture and Communication in Finnish, 2 ECTS
- Language Training 3, Professional Expertise and Communication in Finnish, 2 ECTS
- Language Training 4 Communication in Job Search, 2 ECTS
- Getting to know Working Life – Orientation to Work-life in Finnish, 2 ECTS
- Getting to know Working Life – Practical training, 5 ECTS
- Advanced Practical Training, 5 ECTS
The Finnish teachers of the University of Oulu are happy to help you to choose the right-level Finnish language course for you. To participate on the Finnish courses, you will need to apply for a non-degree study right. You can do that by filling in this form.
International students and personnel of the University of Oulu:
Please see the information on the Languages and Communication Unit website.
The University of Oulu has a compherensive selection of Finnish language courses to choose from.