DigiHealth training module
Please read the application instructions at the bottom of the page.
Enrollment ends .
Mode of delivery
Course study period
This study module consists of the following courses
- Biosignal Processing 5 ects (Academic Year 2022-2023)
- Connected Health and mHealth 5 ects (Academic Year 2022-2023)
- Medical Device Quality Management 2 ects (Academic Year 2022-2023)
- Principles of Machine Learning in Medicine 5 ects (Academic Year 2022-2023)
- Basics in eHealth 5 ects (Academic Year 2022-2023)
- Medical Device Regulation 3 ects (Academic Year 2022-2023)
Health technology and biomedical engineering are growing fields in Northern Finland. The sector is undergoing a transformation affected by the EU regulation on medical devices, the digitalization of healthcare and the explosive growth of artificial intelligence-based methods. The University of Oulu now offers free training to update the knowledge regarding the recent development in the field.
Read more about the training in the article.
DigiHealth training module includes following courses (course study period in parenthesis) :
- Basics in eHealth, 5 ECTS (1.8.2022 - 31.3.2023, continuous enrollment)
- Connected Health and mHealth, 5 ECTS (13.9. - 30.10.2022)
- Principles of Machine Learning in Medicine, 5 ECTS (25.7. - 30.9.2022 OR 1.1. - 12.3.2023)
- Medical Device Regulation, 3 ECTS (22.9. - 31.12.2022, continuous enrollment)
- Quality Management, 2 ECTS (31.10. - 31.12.2022 OR 1.1. - 12.3.2023)
- Biosignal processing, 5 ECTS (31.10. - 31.12.2022)
More information can be found on the course's own websites!
The studies are free of charge (funded by the Ministry of Education and Culture).
Academic Year 2022-2023
Field of study
More information and contact information
Registration for the training module is submitted by applying for non-degree study right. The application is submitted in e-Forms (Electronic forms of the University of Oulu).
- Register for the training module by clicking ”Apply for non-degree study right” at the top of the page.
- The link redirects you to the main page of e-Forms . You can log in with Suomi.fi identification.
- After logging in to e-Forms, click form "JOY_Application for non-degree studies". Note that there are two forms for non-degree studies: select JOY prefix!
- Please fill in "Personal data".
- In "Study right" section, write DigiHealth training module to the "Course or study module name" field. Notice that only the name of the training module is required, please do not specify which courses you want to take! Also leave "Course or study module code" and "Credits" fields blank.
- The required attachment for the application is
- Motivation letter (where you describe 1. previous work experience, education, trainings etc. related to the training, and 2. how you will utilize the new knowledge and skills gained during the training)
- In the Workflow section at the bottom of the page, please select Eija Jussila as a “Next assignee”.
The processing time of the application is about 2 weeks. You are informed of a granted non-degree study right through e-mail. The study right is marked to the student registry and you will receive University of Oulu user account information once your studies begin.
After your application have been accepted you will receive via email an info letter including Webropol link for enrollment for the courses of the training.
The University of Oulu reserves the rights to any changes.